The Student Room Group

Wjec Psychology PY3 & PY4 thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Miracle Day
Because 3/4 of my questions haven't come up before, I'm so hopeful they will.

But I'm imagining some evil head of Psychology lurking this thread, and the py4 twitter hashtag laughing and mocking us because we're going to crash and burn for playing it risky :frown:

I hope so too! yes haha :frown:...oh well whats life without a little risk ey? haha. i just can't wait to get it over with now PY4 has been hell! :/ oh well, like you i don't need psychology for uni thanks to the welsh bacc so if the risk doesn't pay off its not the end of the world!
Reply 381
I need a D on this exam to get an overall A... if that wasn't the case, I'd probably be dead right now. Worst. Exam. EVER.
Original post by ffioneleri
I hope so too! yes haha :frown:...oh well whats life without a little risk ey? haha. i just can't wait to get it over with now PY4 has been hell! :/ oh well, like you i don't need psychology for uni thanks to the welsh bacc so if the risk doesn't pay off its not the end of the world!

I know. The thought that in mere hours, my A Level exams will all be over is EUPHORIAAA WERE GOING UPP UP UP UPPPP
How easy is profiling? I'm thinking of just learning that essay even though i'm not doing forensic psychology, just in case **** hits the fan and a question I haven't studied comes up ...
Original post by Coldeversince
How easy is profiling? I'm thinking of just learning that essay even though i'm not doing forensic psychology, just in case **** hits the fan and a question I haven't studied comes up ...

Pretty easy
Reply 385
Hi, can someone please tell me which controversies, other than status of psychology as a science, are likely to come up tomorrow? I've had 3 days to cram for this exam and I am sooo screwed. Because there are 6 essays in the controversies section I wasn't taught the 'status of psychology as a science' essay :frown: and now I know it is very likely to come up (and obviously don't have time to learn the other 5) I am getting very worried :frown: thanks :smile:
Reply 386
Does anyone know what questions came up in January 2013 please? i can't find the paper anywhere!
Reply 387
Original post by failing1
Hi, can someone please tell me which controversies, other than status of psychology as a science, are likely to come up tomorrow? I've had 3 days to cram for this exam and I am sooo screwed. Because there are 6 essays in the controversies section I wasn't taught the 'status of psychology as a science' essay :frown: and now I know it is very likely to come up (and obviously don't have time to learn the other 5) I am getting very worried :frown: thanks :smile:

I've got gender :smile:
Reply 388
Original post by gina
i've got gender :smile:

thankyou! :d
Technically, you only need to revise 5 controversies as it means that there is no chance that one controversy will come up that you can't answer.
I think most people here are playing the risk game and only learning the predicted ones, if the other ones come up we can all cry together, it'll be OKAY.

I'm so ****ing happy i'm doing 4 A2s
Out of 20 essays I've learned;

Status as a science, Under-Studied relationships, Proffiling, Treatments of Schizophrenia.

If atleast two of these questions don't come up, please think of me.

Don't worry, we'll all be thinking of every poor SOB doing PY4 :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can anyone tell me when Cross Cultural Variations last came up? I really hate that and am very reluctant to go anywhere near it!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Coldeversince
I think most people here are playing the risk game and only learning the predicted ones, if the other ones come up we can all cry together, it'll be OKAY.

I'm so ****ing happy i'm doing 4 A2s

I know. I'm relieved I have Welsh Bacc! :biggrin:
I know. I'm relieved I have Welsh Bacc! :biggrin:

And there's me university place pretty much dependant on this exam tomorrow :rolleyes:
Original post by fats_12
Yea sorry my bad I just realised. I hope you'r predictions don't come up, because I've only
Learnt gender bias and free will and determinism . I'm so confused as to what to learn!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aha fair enough :smile: just got a little bit worried there thinking my teacher had got it wrong and I'd wasted my time learning psychology as a science.

If I'm honest I think controversies is sort of awkward because it's more mixed than the other questions- I've learnt gender, cultural, science and genetic/ environment. So I think there is like a 1 in 15 chance I won't know at least one of the questions. To be fair though controversies you can almost make it up as you go along if a different question comes up- it's pretty much just recycling everything you've learned. I know if free will/ determinist came up I'd probably just talk about evolutionary approach to relationships.
Good luck everyone!!!!
Good luck everyone, lets just hope what we want to come up, comes up.
Py4 predictions came up in my twitter suggestions haha... And profiling, treatments of schizophrenia, and psychology as a science are looking like the most common predictions! Praying they're right along with understudied relationships!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ffioneleri
Py4 predictions came up in my twitter suggestions haha... And profiling, treatments of schizophrenia, and psychology as a science are looking like the most common predictions! Praying they're right along with understudied relationships!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same oh gawd D;

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending