The Student Room Group

WJEC GCSE History 2018-19

Hi, I'm Lucy and I'm starting this thread so anyone who is taking the WJEC History course can get help and advice if they need it.:smile:

The topics that I am doing are:
The Elizabethan Age 1558-1603
Germany in transition 1919-1947
The development of the USA 1929-2000
Changes in health and medicine

Feel free to introduce yourself and say which topics you're doing. :tongue:

I'm 15 and currently in year 11. I would like to study history in A-level and hopefully at university as well.
(edited 5 years ago)
Hey Lucy!

Edexcel, not WJEC :frown:

The topics are:
Crime and Punishment c1000-Present
Early Elizabethan England
Superpower Relations and The Cold War
The USA Conflict Home and Abroad 1954-75
Reply 2
Original post by RazzzBerries
Hey Lucy!

Edexcel, not WJEC :frown:

The topics are:
Crime and Punishment c1000-Present
Early Elizabethan England
Superpower Relations and The Cold War
The USA Conflict Home and Abroad 1954-75

Hi Razz!
Might still be able to help with Early Elizabethan England as I do cover that in my course. We also briefly cover the Cold War and some USA wars.

If you need any help just ask and I might be able to help :smile: x
Good luck. I did history last year- my best advice is memorising exam technique and doing past papers once fine with content
Reply 4
Original post by DGeorge13
Good luck. I did history last year- my best advice is memorising exam technique and doing past papers once fine with content

Thank you! My teacher's pretty good at drilling the technique into us.:wink: How did you do?
(edited 5 years ago)
I got a 9
Reply 6
Woah! Well done!
Original post by lucy.a.a
Hi Razz!
Might still be able to help with Early Elizabethan England as I do cover that in my course. We also briefly cover the Cold War and some USA wars.

If you need any help just ask and I might be able to help :smile: x

Thanks x I think my USA paper is more about black people’s rights and stuff but will let you know. Oh my I’m failing History so badly 😭
Reply 8
I'm also doing about that, specifically the civil right movement and Black Panthers. Don't worry about being bad at history, I'm terrible at maths 😅 x
Reply 9
And French 😅x
hi, i got a 9 in wjec history this year! i did:

as well as the history of entertainment

if you need any help/advice send me a message and ill try my best to reply
Reply 11
woah well done! I'll be sure to message if I need anything
Reply 12
i got my elizabethan mock tomorrow, can you please explain to me the structure of the exam
Hi, I’m currently 16 in year 11 and I’m doing my GCSE’s in 4 months. I did my mocks in year 10 in where I got a level 6 which was below the highest level you could get(a 7) as it wasn’t a full paper.I recently done my December mocks and got a level 3 in history which is shocking as I’m trying to take it for A levels. I’m also doing WJEC, and all of the exact topics that you mentioned above. I need help structuring my answers and on finding papers, I also need to work on timing which I could personally work on myself. Do you think you can help me in finding a website with exam questions please? Thank you.
Original post by Harry171
hi, i got a 9 in wjec history this year! i did:

as well as the history of entertainment

if you need any help/advice send me a message and ill try my best to reply

hey i know you did your elizabethan age exam 2 years ago but is there any chance you could give me any help? seems like you did really well. if you remember any of the questions that would be really useful. thanks
hey guys rly late to the thread lol
i am doing WJEC :
- depression war recovery
- usa nation of contrasts 1910-1929
- changes in health and medicine

and i have my unit depression war recovery tomorrow aghhh !!
Reply 16
Hi, I'm Lucy and I'm starting this thread so anyone who is taking the WJEC History course can get help and advice if they need it.:smile:

I'm 15 and currently in year 11. I would like to study history in A-level and hopefully at university as well.

Do you know what your 20 marker was on in 2018 for Changes in Health and Medicine?
I'm trying to guess what part I could be tested on because we've been given additional information (covid) so we know 3.1 isn't on the paper. 3.5 and 3.6 have also been asked before, so that leaves 3.2 or 3.3 or 3.4. If you remember what part you had your exam on it could really help!
(edited 10 months ago)
Thank you! My teacher's pretty good at drilling the technique into us.:wink: How did you do?

hey how did everything go did u study history in uni and a level and how did it go!!!!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending