The Student Room Group

Wjec Psychology PY3 & PY4 thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Shannon3821
It's so weird not having to do A Level Psychology anymore! Gunna miss all the great people I studied with and my teachers :frown: although I get to enter into a whole new realm of Psychology come September :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Got to say, it's been interesting sometimes and boring most of the time :b but i'm glad it's done and i'm not taking it to uni level.

I want to know what I got already. I'll just keep wondering..
Original post by Coconutter
Ahhh taking it at Uni then :smile:?

Yeah :smile: I can't wait!! I want to be a research psychologist or maybe teach at A Level... Try import some wisdom to all the poor buggers who wanna do what we have :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sesshomaru24U
Got to say, it's been interesting sometimes and boring most of the time :b but i'm glad it's done and i'm not taking it to uni level.

I want to know what I got already. I'll just keep wondering..

My God same!!! It's definitely been interesting :P was pretty boring doing some relationships stuff and a controversy or two! I'm combining Psych with History so I'll be able to mix things up a bit :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 423
In PY3 and PY4 are any of the questions set as in PY1 and PY2 and then just a few come up?
Original post by emzlynn
In PY3 and PY4 are any of the questions set as in PY1 and PY2 and then just a few come up?

What d'ya mean set as in PY1 and PY2?

PY3 is made up of two sections; one where you're given details about an experiment and have to answer questions about it- so you pretty much need to learn a couple pages worth of information and be able to apply it to a situation; the other section is probably more like PY1/2 because there are 5 (I think it's 5 at least) possible questions but only 3 will come up and only 2 need to be answered. So as in PY2 you're suppose to learn the answer for pretty much all of them but only a few will actually come up. These questions are more of a discusssion rather than the recall in PY2.

PY4 is similar to PY2 but harder. In PY4 you have 1 compulsory section and then 3 further sections of your college's choice and these will be based around different areas in psychology- each section will have 5 possilbe question (could be 6 aha I literally have forgot everything now) and you're suppose to know how to answer all of them as only one will come up. These are much longer though and require a lot more evaluation of a range of studies in relation to the question.

That's a (hopefully accurate) summary of PY3 and 4- pretty much an over complicated answer to what I thought your question was aha :wink:. Sort of evacuated all psychology information from my brain after the last exam so anyone feel free to correct me if I have done anything wrong.
how did people do? got a B
how did people do? got a B

Yeah me too! Considering I only answered 3/4 I'm happy!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Roberts9412
Yeah me too! Considering I only answered 3/4 I'm happy!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm just doing some research to find out if it was near an A. I got an A overall though, 323 ums :biggrin: 4 ums on that A. I flopped the controversy and levels of consciousness questions, they were just extra makes.
Reply 428
I'm just doing some research to find out if it was near an A. I got an A overall though, 323 ums :biggrin: 4 ums on that A. I flopped the controversy and levels of consciousness questions, they were just extra makes.

I got an A in PY4 :biggrin:. One ums mark off an A* overall though, very frustrating haha.
Original post by LJ95
I got an A in PY4 :biggrin:. One ums mark off an A* overall though, very frustrating haha.

You did awesome :biggrin: Do you plan on going to uni? If so, what you doing?
Reply 430
You did awesome :biggrin: Do you plan on going to uni? If so, what you doing?

Thankyou! Congratulations on your A to! I'm off to Durham to study Psychology, yourself?
Original post by LJ95
Thankyou! Congratulations on your A to! I'm off to Durham to study Psychology, yourself?

You're pretty close to me! I'm going to do Law at Newcastle university. Congrats on getting into Durham, that's an awesome university.
Reply 432
I also got an A in py4 :smile: Got a C in my PY3 resit but I got a B in it in january so obviously keep that score. Got a A overall in psyc ology and off to study it at sheffield university
Original post by mufc1994
I also got an A in py4 :smile: Got a C in my PY3 resit but I got a B in it in january so obviously keep that score. Got a A overall in psyc ology and off to study it at sheffield university

Congrats! :biggrin: what you studying?
Reply 434
Congrats! :biggrin: what you studying?

cheers :smile: If you read what I said carefully you would have known that I'm studying psychology at uni :wink: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
Original post by mufc1994
cheers :smile: If you read what I said carefully you would have known that I'm studying psychology at uni :wink: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Just realized ><
Reply 436
Hello all :biggrin: Not long started A2 psychology, just wondering if anyone has any resources they would be able to let me have :biggrin: Anything for py3 would be great and were studying; forensic, sport and relationships for py4, so if anyone has any resources for any of those it would be appreciated, thanks :smile:
Hi guys,

Since you're all currently studying psychology.... I was wondering if you wouldn't mind completeing this short Sport Psychology online survey on (for a PhD project) mental health and well-being related to diet and mood across the UK. It's completely anonymous & confidential http://tinyurl.com/ED-DepGeneral

More information about the study, what it is investigating and what the surveys entail can be found
www.survey.stuartholliday.com/

Thanks in advance
Original post by Aiden1996
Hello all :biggrin: Not long started A2 psychology, just wondering if anyone has any resources they would be able to let me have :biggrin: Anything for py3 would be great and were studying; forensic, sport and relationships for py4, so if anyone has any resources for any of those it would be appreciated, thanks :smile:

If you send Miracle Day a private message he may still have relationships and forensic essays. I sent him my forensic essays to him, I haven't got mine anymore due to a new lap top. Best of luck
Reply 439
If you send Miracle Day a private message he may still have relationships and forensic essays. I sent him my forensic essays to him, I haven't got mine anymore due to a new lap top. Best of luck

Okay thank you:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending