The Student Room Group

Wjec Psychology PY3 & PY4 thread

Scroll to see replies

how did everyone find py4?
It wasn't too dreadful - I think I did enough though to get a C, which questions did you do??
Reply 762
I'm so glad it was over. I honestly feel like a weight has been lifted off my chest. I feel it went better than I thought, so I'm happy with that.

I did;

-Psych as a science
-Benefits of relationships
-Treatment and punishments of crimes
-Aetiologys of Schizophrenia

I feel like I did better on the schizophrenia one than all of the others combined
Worst exam of my life, answered the question on other explanations of memory except the multi store model on the multi store model by mistake....misread the question. I need an A to get into Uni!!! What will happen?
I accidentally answered msm instead of alternatives to it, do you think I could still gain a few marks for it? (Intermarriage of the evaluation used as it supports the alternatives) so worried but I think the other questions went really well
Does anyone have any model answers for abnormalities or memory that they could email to me please?
[QUOTE="wellpastmybedtime;39909828"]
Original post by Sesshomaru24U

Less and less people doing wjec, because it's harder to then well in then aqa xD Also for PY4 I've doing level of consciousness, abnormal, and I haven't decided between memory or intelligence.QUOTE]

Let me help you here. From the examiners report if you go and read back copies, the intelligence is generally very badly done. In fact very few centres do it at all. The comment last year was that the question was so poorly answered that it appeared the students who answered it had not studied the area at all. Many gave answers which had no psychological content. Similarly this year, it was again poorly answered.

If you have a choice steer clear of it.

( I do not like teaching it myself so I suspect other teachers feel the same).

Memory is by far easier. Its easier to learn and remember and its clear and unambiguous. Four of the question areas on that section rely on models
(cognitive psych stalwart ) as their basis. Do yourself a favour and do memory.

Hi, do you still have the model answers for PY3? Thanks, much appreciated
[QUOTE="johnd45;65092247"]
Original post by wellpastmybedtime

Hi, do you still have the model answers for PY3? Thanks, much appreciated

No sorry. If you check through the pages of this thread you might find some as I recall posting a few.
[QUOTE="Sesshomaru24U;65101067"]
Original post by johnd45

No sorry. If you check through the pages of this thread you might find some as I recall posting a few.

No worries, and that's better than nothing I guess! Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending