The Student Room Group
Liverpool John Moores University
Liverpool

Forensic Psychology & Criminal Justice LJMU

Scroll to see replies

hi im in my final year of college and need to apply for uni like now. i went to the open day for this course and it seemed so interesting and i study psychology now so have an idea what the course will entail. just wondering what youve gone to do after the course and was it a good course overall? thanks!
Liverpool
Sorry to jump in on this post, but can anybody currently studying this course tell me how many hours/ days a week it is please? also did i read correctly that one subject is taught in one part of town and you have to travel for the other subject? thanks
Original post by aimsmoulton
Sorry to jump in on this post, but can anybody currently studying this course tell me how many hours/ days a week it is please? also did i read correctly that one subject is taught in one part of town and you have to travel for the other subject? thanks

I'm not on this course (although I'm on something similar), but I have friends that are and yes it's split between two campuses and sadly they're not close to one another! It is a great Uni though so hopefully that doesn't put you off, I really didn't want to bother with Uni but I am glad I ended up at LJMU. The criminal justice stuff is at the Mount Pleasant campus and the psychology stuff is at Byrom Street. The only other downside is there's currently no free bus service between the two campuses and you kind of either live near one or the other if you stay in LJMU halls, I know it's something the staff aren't super happy that the University doesn't currently provide (because there is a free bus service to IM Marsh) so hopefully they will implement something like that soon.

The days off/hours tend to depend on the semester and I know my friends in their first year spent most of semester 1 at Mount Pleasant and most of semester 2 at Byrom Street. Mostly 4 days a week in University, they say for most courses they try and keep it at 3 days a week but I don't think ultimately ends up happening and it was 13/14 hours a week.
Original post by ForensicPsych
Forensic Psychology is split between two facultys, Law (which will be your Home School) this is located in the redmonds building and the John Foster building, both located in the mount pleasant area. This is where lectures/tutorials will take place for criminal justice modules. And NSP which is all the psychology related stuff and takes place in the city campus in the Byrom street area. In first year, your time is pretty much equally split between CJ and Psychology so it doesn't really matter whether you choose accommodation closer to mount pleasant or Byrom street as you'll have to walk about 20 minutes to whichever you live furthest from. The closest accommodation to mount pleasant would be lennon studios (literally two minutes from John Foster) and the closest to Byrom street would be Atlantic Point. Grand Central is pretty much in between the two but can be pretty rowdy so avoid if you don't like that sort of thing. I'm just about to graduate from this course so if anyone has any questions feel free to ask and I'll try to answer as best I can! :smile:

Hello, I know it’s been years since you done this degree, I’m gonna be doing it in sep and I wanted to know how things went for you after you graduated
what courses did you guys apply to at other universities? since this is quite a niche course

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending