The Student Room Group
Liverpool John Moores University
Liverpool

University of Portsmouth Vs Liverpool John Moores University

I'm currently deciding between two Master's programs: MA Media and Communication at the University of Portsmouth and MA Mass Communication at Liverpool John Moores University. My primary considerations are: high-quality education, experienced media faculty, strong student support, readily available part-time job opportunities, and convenient, affordable accommodation. Could you please provide insight into how these programs compare in each of these aspects to help me make an informed decision?
Hi!
Although my study area was not around Media, Culture and communications, I was in the same building as the LJMU screen school which is where the course is based. As a campus ambassador I often gave tours of the facilities and I can say LJMU’s are excellent. The screen school is a large area with state of the art equipment that is continuously evolving. Whilst I cannot comment much on the course, I can reassure you that LJMU prides itself on student support and satisfaction with a range of dedicated departments who are always readily on hand to students, from money support to mental wellbeing.
LJMU also has its own part-time recruitment company called Unitemps- they offer part time work that fit around your study hours such as cafe shifts, open day assistance and many more exciting roles! This service is only available to LJMU students too- a great opportunity to find work!
Accommodation at LJMU is guaranteed when applying, if you visit the website and look under the accommodation section you can see the different locations we have to offer and take 3D tours of the properties. There is also a dedicated email you can contact for support with finding accommodation.
I hope this is beneficial to you, and good luck! :smile:

Ria
Official LJMU Student Rep
Liverpool

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending