The Student Room Group

Non income assessed now?

I've just checked my Student finance account (I already know I'm getting paid late) and it says that
"We have processed your application without using your household income. This is to ensure you have some student finance in place when you begin your course."

And my loan has lost around £300.
Will the application stay like this as non income assessed or will they eventually process the evidence that they have?
Reply 1
Your best bet is to phone them and ask them yourself; student finance are pretty backlogged at the moment so if you know they've had your evidence and the right forms to change your application to income assessed, then they should get round to it.

Perhaps you can phone them to confirm they received it, and while you're at it, as how long it's likely to be until it's sorted. I think it's about 6 weeks at the moment.
Reply 2
Original post by benwilliamsuk
Your best bet is to phone them and ask them yourself; student finance are pretty backlogged at the moment so if you know they've had your evidence and the right forms to change your application to income assessed, then they should get round to it.

Perhaps you can phone them to confirm they received it, and while you're at it, as how long it's likely to be until it's sorted. I think it's about 6 weeks at the moment.

Thanks for replying!
The day after I posted this I got the declaration via the correspondence tab. The grant was included!

Thanks again.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 3
Original post by Nickw73
I've just checked my Student finance account (I already know I'm getting paid late) and it says that
"We have processed your application without using your household income. This is to ensure you have some student finance in place when you begin your course."

And my loan has lost around £300.
Will the application stay like this as non income assessed or will they eventually process the evidence that they have?

I had a similar situation. Was meant to be income assessed, but couldn't produce evidence until later (divorce of parents was in process), so had to settle for the minimal amount. A year later, and still haven't got my full amount from 2011-2012. Every time I call them, they tell me 'It's processing' - it's been like that for 4 weeks. :mad:

I think you'll have to complete a separate form and they'll pay you the extra. If you already have, it'll just get added on to your account at some point. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending