The Student Room Group

SFE reapplication

Hello, I have a question regarding Student Finance. I applied for income based funding for this academic year. Is it possible to change this to non income based? My application says I need my parents' tax information, but I would like to change that and provide only mine, since I am financially self sufficient and not dependant. Thank you.
Original post by Sifat77881
Hello, I have a question regarding Student Finance. I applied for income based funding for this academic year. Is it possible to change this to non income based? My application says I need my parents' tax information, but I would like to change that and provide only mine, since I am financially self sufficient and not dependant. Thank you.

Hi there,

Do you have 3 years of self support prior to the start of your course? Thanks, Jason
Reply 2
Original post by SFE Jason
Hi there,

Do you have 3 years of self support prior to the start of your course? Thanks, Jason

Hello, yes I do. I have applied for non income based funding last year and it was granted. Thanks.
Hello, yes I do. I have applied for non income based funding last year and it was granted. Thanks.

Thanks. So are you just wanting the basic rate of funding again for this year? Thanks, Jason
Reply 4
Thanks. So are you just wanting the basic rate of funding again for this year? Thanks, Jason

Yes, I do.
Yes, I do.

Thanks. If you've been given the basic rate and your application is approved for this at the moment then we don't need anything further. If it's pended for their details you can upload a cover letter asking for this to be removed and to be assessed for the basic rate only of the maintenance loan. Thanks, Jason
Reply 6
Thanks. If you've been given the basic rate and your application is approved for this at the moment then we don't need anything further. If it's pended for their details you can upload a cover letter asking for this to be removed and to be assessed for the basic rate only of the maintenance loan. Thanks, Jason

Thanks. Do I have to upload the cover letter on my SFE account? Also what other details do I have to highlight? Just this change of assessment or do I need to send anything else? Thank you again.
Thanks. Do I have to upload the cover letter on my SFE account? Also what other details do I have to highlight? Just this change of assessment or do I need to send anything else? Thank you again.

Hi there, if the applications already approved for the standard rate then you don't need to upload anything. If it has not been approved please just upload a cover letter stating you want the standard rate. Thanks, Ross

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending