The Student Room Group

Postgraduate Student Finance

Hi,

I am doing a masters degree in september 2024 and quite confused about the student finance. Does everyone get the same amount as undergraduate was based from household income. When do you apply for it? Is it the same time as the undergraduate student finance opens?
Hi Megan0512,

The Postgraduate Loan is a non income assessed loan that is paid directly to you to us however you require. It is different from undergraduate funding as we do not pay the Tuition Fees.

Applications for the academic year 24/25 are available in the summer usually after the undergraduate applications launch.

I have provided link with an overview of the Postgraduate Loan to help you further.

https://www.gov.uk/masters-loan

Thanks, Clare
Reply 2
Original post by SFE Clare
Hi Megan0512,

The Postgraduate Loan is a non income assessed loan that is paid directly to you to us however you require. It is different from undergraduate funding as we do not pay the Tuition Fees.

Applications for the academic year 24/25 are available in the summer usually after the undergraduate applications launch.

I have provided link with an overview of the Postgraduate Loan to help you further.

https://www.gov.uk/masters-loan

Thanks, Clare

Hi,

Thank you for this, so just to check, the loan is paid directly to myself and then I set up the payments with the uni to pay the degree? Does it get paid in one full lump sum or in installments? Does everybody get the same amount of I am presuming £12,167 as the course starts after August 2023 or is the payment based off of anything?
Original post by Megan0512
Hi,

Thank you for this, so just to check, the loan is paid directly to myself and then I set up the payments with the uni to pay the degree? Does it get paid in one full lump sum or in installments? Does everybody get the same amount of I am presuming £12,167 as the course starts after August 2023 or is the payment based off of anything?

Hi Megan,

Yes, the loan is paid to yourself - normally, it's in 3 instalments per academic year.

The loan isn't income assessed, so you can claim the maximum amount if that's what you want to do.

Thanks, Graeme

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending