The Student Room Group

The John Lewis Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
Original post by esthermary
Hi, I've just been offered a christmas temp job at John Lewis. On the phone today (Monday) I was asked to start 'next saturday', which I agreed to. However, afterwards I wasn't sure if by next saturday she meant literally next saturday or this coming one. I realised that I'm away this coming saturday, and I did put this on my availability sheet, but I'm worried she didn't see that and it's this weekend I'm supposed to start! I haven't received the email she said I would get to officially accept the position (she did say it would take a few days), so I'm not sure what to do! Do you think she meant this saturday or next?

Also, just a few standard questions, can anyone tell me about uniform/staff discount/do christmas temps get a bonus/what do sales assistants in the womenswear section usually do?

Sorry for the essay/rambling/many questions, and thanks in advance! :smile:

I think she meant next saturday (22th Nov)

The uniform is a plain white shirt, black trousers/skirts and plain black shoes which you have to provide yourself.
I don't think you receive staff discount as a Christmas temp, you had to be working there 3 months+ when I was there.
The bonus is only if you're kept on till April which is when the bonus is calculated.
I worked in childrenswear and it was mostly tidying up the clothing racks, restocking and a lot of work during tills as it can get very busy
Does anyone have a phone number i can use to call the partnership?
I got the same email about being placed on hold until suitable hours, however looking on the John Lewis site they are still looking for people in the same role (christmas temp) yet now they have the vacancies on and i can do either and want to tell them i can so i can just start working!

Ive emailed twice on the partnership and on another email yet i haven't received a reply, i feel like speaking to someone is much easier.
Hi Guys
Anybody got an assessment in december 14'? inbox me for further info.
(edited 9 years ago)
I was a xmas temp this year and was told i am being considered for a permanent contract in the new year. They said to me that no jobs will be given out until they get the budget has anyone any idea when i will hear from them i assumed i would have heard by the end of January
Reply 164
Who's excited for their Bonus this year????? :tongue:
Hey guys I wanted to to ask, I attended a John Lewis assessment last Thursday and today I got an email saying,
'unfortunately at this current time we do not have a position to offer you that matches the availability you have given. Should this situation change as we continue to recruit for our Seasonal positions, we'll contact you directly.
What does this mean ???

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending