The Student Room Group

John Lewis Partner Discount

Hi Guys
I'm ex-partner which worked for John Lewis Partnership over 5 years. I just wont to correct few things in posts above from guys.
Partner Discount Card can by only use by Partner and second person from family. After 3 months probation time Partner is receiving Green Partner Discount Card with employer number and name and surname of card holder. For non-electrical items is 25% discount, for all electrical items 12% discount and 15% in Waitrose.

Discount cannot be used with any different offers like price match, summer or winter sale and also purchase alkohol and tobacco. If you want to use discount you have to pay by debit card or Partnership Credit Card different way discount cannot by applied.

You only allowed nominated one person from your family (boyfriend, girlfriend, wife, husband etc) for additional card. Card holder and member of family is only allowed do purchase for somebody if it is gift different way if will be caught is more than likely Partner will lose the card and job. This also applies to additional card holder (family member).

John Lewis often is monitoring how discount cards been used and for which purchase of goods ( you not allowed buy two w/machine ) because past time people bought discounted goods and re-sale with profit. That's why if discount card is used for purchases goods online can by only delivered to card holder address or personally you have to turn up to pick up point with id and card which been use to pay for goods. This is hard rule in John Lewis whether you are Customer or Partner shopping online due prevent criminal activity such as fraud.
(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Do you know if the discount card will still work if you no longer work at John Lewis? I think they forgot to ask for the card back
It will automatically be refused at the pay point. Technically you would be committing fraud if trying to use the card in such a way. This is written in your contract,( also the little red book supplied when you become a partner.) Incidentally, when I joined, it was 3 years before getting the full discount!
(edited 6 years ago)
Has JL changed the process for obtaining discount? My son is a partner and I have a second card. TBH we don't often shop in Waitrose, but when in there yesterday, they scanned/swiped the card. We do however visit John Lewis quite a lot and the last time that I shopped there I only had to show the card. The reason for asking is because it took an age to use the card in Waitrose, so I might need a new card if they are scanning cards in John Lewis and if that goes as it did before, it took a couple of months to come through.
The cards are now scanned to ensure that fraud isn’t committed and that a person can only obtain discount with a valid discount card. Your card should automatically be scannable but I’d you do continue to have problems then you might need to contact someone in regards to a replacement card. A valid discount card must now be scanned in both John Lewis and Waitrose in order to claim discount
Hi, Can you let me know whether John Lewis staff can use their discount on purchase of a mobile phone at John Lewis?
Hi all, please can someone tell me if you can use your Waitrose discount card to purchase a John Lewis gift card? Thanks :smile:
My dad works for waitrose. Can I get 2nd discount card even though we don't live together?
Reply 8
Original post by paulaszka
My dad works for waitrose. Can I get 2nd discount card even though we don't live together?

Unfortunately, you won't be able to get a second discount card, as you need to live in the same household as the Partner.
Hi, do you know if you can use your Waitrose partnership discount card on online purchases please ?
Currently work at Waitrose (got my card today!) but yep if you sign up using the email that you use on your partnerlink then it should automatically do it (although I am yet to check but I will soon and will return to comment and confirm.
Reply 11
Hi, unfortunately the partner discount does not apply to mobile phones (e.g. Apple and Samsung).
My daughter brought me an electrical item portable speaker and gave me the receipt , she works for John Lewis and used her partner card. It’s not working so I have to return it. Should I get her to do it or do it myself. I really didn’t want to tell her it doesn’t work
Original post by Chris.mcc240
My daughter brought me an electrical item portable speaker and gave me the receipt , she works for John Lewis and used her partner card. It’s not working so I have to return it. Should I get her to do it or do it myself. I really didn’t want to tell her it doesn’t work

I would suggest getting your daughter to return it. Unfortunately John Lewis has become stricter with their partner discount rules.
Hi I'm working at Waitrose. How do you apply for a discount card?
Original post by emilitapelirroja
Hi I'm working at Waitrose. How do you apply for a discount card?

You would have to complete the training and wait three months.
I'm guessing the answer to this is no, but just in case... do you know if you can use a John Lewis Gift Card to pay when using a Partnership card? I have some credit left on one from before we got the Partnership card. Thanks.
Original post by AK_CO
Hi, unfortunately the partner discount does not apply to mobile phones (e.g. Apple and Samsung).

Gutted about that - I was hoping to get a new iPhone. Does the same apply to iPads as well?
yes they can
Can my mum use my discount card or does she need to use the additional discount card?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending