The Student Room Group
Kingston University
Kingston University
Kingston upon Thames

Top Places to Shop in Kingston – 1st Year Move-In Edition!

It happens to all of us you think you’ve got everything you need for your brand new student life at university, only to step into your flat and realise you don’t have a duvet or pillows. Luckily, even if you did remember, lots of objects are often too bulky or heavy to bring to university yourself especially bedding, which can weigh a ton and takes up nearly all the space in any suitcase - and are best bought at places nearby your halls as soon as you arrive.

Here’s a list of some of the top places in Kingston-Upon-Thames for purchasing any remaining student essentials you might have forgotten or couldn't bring in transport and if you have any spots you’d like to recommend yourself, reply down below!

1. Primark
Unlike some Primark stores, Kingston’s Primark has a fairly large Home department located on the bottom floor. On top of being a great place to pick up some of the bulkier items you might need - such as pillows, duvets and towels at affordable student prices, it’s also excellent for smaller, decorative knickknacks, like faux potted plants or LED lights.

2. John Lewis
John Lewis can admittedly be rather expensive. However, their ANYDAY range, especially their Cook and Dine products, are extremely affordable on a student budget, with some kitchen accessories coming in between £2-5 and frying pans starting at around £10. It’s a great option for bits and pieces you might be struggling to find elsewhere, so make sure to have a look if you’re missing something!

3. T.K. Maxx
Kingston has a fairly large T.K. Maxx store, which stocks everything from winter clothing to baking trays. When I first moved here, I was surprised at how much student-y bits I was able to pick up cheaply in T.K. Maxx, especially in terms of kitchen and bathroom accessories. However, T.K. Maxx also has a lot of funky décor pieces so if you’re looking to make your room stand out from your flatmates’, this is a good place to go.

4. ProCook
Located on the top floor of the Bentall Centre, ProCook has some great deals to help get you started with student cooking. They offer a ‘3 for £9.95’ deal on numerous kitchen utensils, including spatulas, chef’s knives, kitchen tongs and whisks which trust me, you will need even if you don’t realise it yet!

Hope this was helpful to any upcoming students who might be nervous about the move-in process to KU’s Halls of Residence. Don’t worry there’ll be staff and Student Ambassadors on site during your move in who can help with any worries or concerns, and you can always ask us here on TSR if you need help or pointed in the right direction.

- Eve (Kingston Rep).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending