The Student Room Group

Oral Exam

ok, so most of the people on here no doubt have orals coming up sooner than we would like (my first is 2 weeks tomorrow- eek!) so i thought any tips/stories (as long as they dont scare everyone!)/details we have we can just post on here, any language, any level.

would make it easier to see all advice as well :smile:

the only advice i have at the moment though is to practise practise practise. i have already learnt both of my presentations and have 2 and 3 weeks left. i learnt my german a month ago.

also learn phrases which could be useful in the exam. think of what sort of questions your teacher could ask you and prepare key phrases and some impressive ones so you can rally them off occassionally. and im planning to have a bank of stats in my head for my AS orals, so i can bump up the knowledge marks.

and if anyone has any phrases that would be impressive in the exam (i.e. subjunctive etc), that would be helpful too :biggrin:
Reply 1
Loz2402
ok, so most of the people on here no doubt have orals coming up sooner than we would like (my first is 2 weeks tomorrow- eek!) so i thought any tips/stories (as long as they dont scare everyone!)/details we have we can just post on here, any language, any level.

would make it easier to see all advice as well :smile:

the only advice i have at the moment though is to practise practise practise. i have already learnt both of my presentations and have 2 and 3 weeks left. i learnt my german a month ago.

also learn phrases which could be useful in the exam. think of what sort of questions your teacher could ask you and prepare key phrases and some impressive ones so you can rally them off occassionally. and im planning to have a bank of stats in my head for my AS orals, so i can bump up the knowledge marks.

and if anyone has any phrases that would be impressive in the exam (i.e. subjunctive etc), that would be helpful too :biggrin:

Wow I'm impressed, I started my AS oral 3 weeks before it last year, and you've already finished:biggrin:
Reply 2
paddylad
Wow I'm impressed, I started my AS oral 3 weeks before it last year, and you've already finished:biggrin:

lol, well the main presentations anyway, ive still got a lot of learning to do! but with 2 orals and 3 other subjects i thought it would be wise to start early! now im def glad i did!
Reply 3
I don't exactly have a presentation as such- my teacher has given me a load of questions on Lorca (my topic) and i've written out specimen answers and so i'll mould some kind of presentation thing summarising the answers and then my teacher will stem off from that and ask similar questions. Oooh, I'm sure everyone knows this but if you're a little stuck and you need thinking time you could say bueno lots before you start and a little pause while you start (for spanish anyway).
Reply 4
cielo
I don't exactly have a presentation as such- my teacher has given me a load of questions on Lorca (my topic) and i've written out specimen answers and so i'll mould some kind of presentation thing summarising the answers and then my teacher will stem off from that and ask similar questions. Oooh, I'm sure everyone knows this but if you're a little stuck and you need thinking time you could say bueno lots before you start and a little pause while you start (for spanish anyway).

God i havent even started revising yet for my orals..my AS French one is in 12 days....although i know my presnetation and my 1st topic(education) roughly well as we had a mock a few weeks ago and once i go over it again it will jog my memory...still gotta do the other 2 topics now.

Do you guys think this islong enough to revise? i mean its abouthow long i did for my GCSE's and i did well in that. and im on WJEC ( a welsh board) for my french as exam this year and one of my friends is on teh same board yet she knows what questions will be coming up in her oral :redface: wheras i dont..we just have to know the topics very well and try and think of some questions the examiner will/could ask! :frown: it think its harder than gcse definately.

As for my Spanish(GCSE) my teacher is marking the general conversation over these holidays and giving them us back when we return and then i think il have like 3 weeks to learn it :| *gulp* still gotta do the presentation yet too. Hope everything will be ok

As for revsion tips..i know that looking/speaking into a mirror when practising helped me for some reason when revising last year.

Latest

Trending

Trending