The Student Room Group

Aberystwyth vet school 2023

Hello all

Just looking for other people starting Aberystwyth vet school in September 2023
Reply 1
Original post by Tomwithington
Hello all

Hi. I've just received an offer for the 5 year. Just gotta hope I get the grades now 😄
Reply 2
Heya, I’m in aber uni doing vet, just finished first year, happy to answer any questions you might have :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Tomwithington
Hello all

Hi!! I just got my grades yesterday (yay) so I’m defo going there now and hoping to get in contact with some other vets before I go
Reply 4
Original post by megkr
Hi!! I just got my grades yesterday (yay) so I’m defo going there now and hoping to get in contact with some other vets before I go

Congrats!
Original post by Madele_ine
Heya, I’m in aber uni doing vet, just finished first year, happy to answer any questions you might have :smile:

Hi, it would be great to know a bit more about the course structure. Is the first year anatomy and physiology of all body systems and then the second year pathology of all body systems or does the course only cover the anatomy and physiology of some of the body systems in the first year and then the anatomy and physiology of the rest in the second year with pathology beginning in the third year? I know some vet schools do one and some do the other.
Original post by Anonymous(8
Hi, it would be great to know a bit more about the course structure. Is the first year anatomy and physiology of all body systems and then the second year pathology of all body systems or does the course only cover the anatomy and physiology of some of the body systems in the first year and then the anatomy and physiology of the rest in the second year with pathology beginning in the third year? I know some vet schools do one and some do the other.

Hiya! We did lots of anatomy and physiology in first year as well as principles of vet practice and animal husbandry and handling. In second year we build in all that knowledge and went into more detail in all the anatomy and physiology we had learnt, but had more of a focus on what could go wrong, possible clinical scenarios and pathology. Clinical focus has been integrated throughout which is unusual for most vet schools in the early years but has been very useful for placements and overall understanding of the anatomy etc. hope this helps!
Original post by Madele_ine
Hiya! We did lots of anatomy and physiology in first year as well as principles of vet practice and animal husbandry and handling. In second year we build in all that knowledge and went into more detail in all the anatomy and physiology we had learnt, but had more of a focus on what could go wrong, possible clinical scenarios and pathology. Clinical focus has been integrated throughout which is unusual for most vet schools in the early years but has been very useful for placements and overall understanding of the anatomy etc. hope this helps!

That's really great to know, thank you! What about exam structure? I know some vet schools have 2 sets of exams a year (one set in January and one set in summer that all count but some only have end of year exams in the summer (some with mocks in January))
Original post by Anonymous(8
That's really great to know, thank you! What about exam structure? I know some vet schools have 2 sets of exams a year (one set in January and one set in summer that all count but some only have end of year exams in the summer (some with mocks in January))

No problem! We have exams and assignments throughout both first and second year. We have midterms for each module which are either written or oral, sometimes one of each, which are worth 20% of the module. At the end of the year we have a final for each module which makes up 60% of the module grade. It’s different to the three years at RVC, as I know they have mocks in Jan and then finals, but I find that the frequent exams mean that we are always on top of revision and understand the content better. We’re also set up well for the oral exams in RVC and are quite used to exam structure etc.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending