The Student Room Group

Bachelor degree with no exams?

(I want to study Business management/marketing)
I lived in England my whole life but am currently on a gap year living in Spain and don't have any plans to go back to England. I know in the UK there are Degree apprenticeships and things like that, which I feel like are a lot better as you study but also have that "real life" experience by working it seems here nothing like this exists and its all learning just for an exam?

I know there is such thing as a bachelor degree with no exams and more based on coursework or "real-life" working. I have been doing my research and I heard about a school called Ducere business school based in Australia that have partnered up with a uni in Wales to offer an applied business management/marketing degree but Im not 100% convinced? and there don't seem to be a lot of other applied business degrees offered anywhere else?

Does anyone else know any other options for me to get a degree but also have the experience?
Depends on the subject and university offering it, but it's not wholly unusual. I think for business management or marketing this may not be as likely (you'll probably have at least some exams). In a lot of humanities and a fair number of social science subjects though you may be able to find a degree with few or even no exams. Also just because a module has an exam doesn't mean it's necessarily the whole result depending on it. For example in my programme (a small humanities subject) there are a few modules where the exam is only 25% of the result (with the rest being from coursework, orals, etc). You can also pick programmes which just have fewer exams in general so you may only have one or two exams each year in the main exam session.
Original post by Thatgirlxo
(I want to study Business management/marketing)
I lived in England my whole life but am currently on a gap year living in Spain and don't have any plans to go back to England. I know in the UK there are Degree apprenticeships and things like that, which I feel like are a lot better as you study but also have that "real life" experience by working it seems here nothing like this exists and its all learning just for an exam?

I know there is such thing as a bachelor degree with no exams and more based on coursework or "real-life" working. I have been doing my research and I heard about a school called Ducere business school based in Australia that have partnered up with a uni in Wales to offer an applied business management/marketing degree but Im not 100% convinced? and there don't seem to be a lot of other applied business degrees offered anywhere else?

Does anyone else know any other options for me to get a degree but also have the experience?
Hello @Thatgirlxo,

If you are open to distance learning then you might be interested in our BSc Business Management (Hons) course! It does include some exams, however as our courses are completely flexible you can take these whenever is right for you, from the comfort of your home - so they're a little different to your typical exams!

Our Business Management course also includes a range of other assessment types, such as workbooks, written assessments, oral assignments and more. If this sounds interesting to you, you can read more about how this course is taught and assessed here (you'll want to scroll down to course details, then programme schedule and specification): https://bit.ly/3uZyr2w

I hope that this helps!

Thanks, Becky

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending