The Student Room Group

Is this revision technique effective?

I'm aiming to get A grades in biology, chemistry, maths and English literature. For biology and chemistry I just read through the revision guide on the topic I'm studying making sure I understand everything I'm reading and asking questions on what I don't understand.

I then answer LOADS of questions on that topic until I know it inside out and continually revisit past topics and answer questions again.

I'm anxious if this a good method though as at GCSE I'd rewrite my notes, I hate rewriting my notes at A level, I find it frustrating writing out things I already know and it just makes me fall asleep, reading it doesn't.

By doing the reading & questions method, I've managed A's so far, so is it a good method?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by Magenta96
I'm aiming to get A grades in biology, chemistry, maths and English literature. For biology and chemistry I just read through the revision guide on the topic I'm studying making sure I understand everything I'm reading and asking questions on what I don't understand.

I then answer LOADS of questions on that topic until I know it inside out and continually revisit past topics and answer questions again.

I'm anxious if this a good method though as at GCSE I'd rewrite my notes, I hate rewriting my notes at A level, I find it frustrating writing out things I already know and it just makes me fall asleep, reading it doesn't.

By doing the reading & questions method, I've managed A's so far, so is it a good method?

Do what helps you! It doesn't matter what anyone else is doing; everyone has different methods for what works for them. If you find writing out notes again is boring then it's most likely that you know it well enough.

Everyone is wired differently. :smile:
Reply 2
yeah, I thought so ^ just needed confirmation that it wasn't ineffective! Thanks :smile:
Reply 3
If it works for you then crack on. Personally i have to write things out in different colours with the important words in one colour and the writing in another then reread everything

Quick Reply

Latest