The Student Room Group

At a loss and feeling scared?

Hi guys,

I'm feeling really confused right now. To cut the story short, I met this really nice guy and we became best friends (he had a girlfriend then). When he broke up with his girlfriend, I was there for him and we grew closer and spent a lot of time together. Then he told me he had feelings for me, which I reciprocated, but he said he didn't want a relationship because he didn't want our friendship to change. So we didn't get together, but we did a lot of things that couples do - go to the movies, cuddle, hang out all the time and talk on the phone everyday.

But a few months ago everything changed. Something happened between him and his ex and his feelings for her came back, and he grew distant from me. I tried asking him what the problem was but he didn't want to tell me. I was really upset that we weren't talking as much, so he made the effort to still call everyday but it was just different - we didn't have as much to talk about and the closeness was no longer there. I just really miss him and I want our old friendship back :frown:

Anyway, so just now I wrote a really long email to him telling him how I feel about everything, and now I'm starting to regret it. I'm scared of how he'll respond and I'm scared that I'm the one over-reacting here and that our friendship never meant much to him D:
I think you did the right thing at the very least by communicating to him your feelings about the situation :smile:
wait to see what he says. you two were close, so he should be understanding at least.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending