The Student Room Group

OCR Psychological Ivestigations Question

Hello everyone,

A question, I'm stuck on. A researcher has conducted an experiment to see if people rate a doctor as more or less trustworthy depending on their dress. It was a repeated measures design.

Describe and evaluate a suitable procedure for this experiment.

Any ideas to get me started with?
We havent even covered this yet and are lessons are rushed... this is what i get for being part of the twilight class. :frown:
Original post by Sam_Coburn
Hello everyone,

A question, I'm stuck on. A researcher has conducted an experiment to see if people rate a doctor as more or less trustworthy depending on their dress. It was a repeated measures design.

Describe and evaluate a suitable procedure for this experiment.

Any ideas to get me started with?
We havent even covered this yet and are lessons are rushed... this is what i get for being part of the twilight class. :frown:

Advertise a two-part lecture on the risks of obesity on physical health and mental health.

Your sample is a 'self select' sample, in that the sample will consist of people who have self selected themselves for participation.

In the first lecture, participants are given a lecture on the risks of obesity on physical health by a formally dressed doctor wearing a suit.

Following the lecture, the participants will complete a questionnaire on the lecture:

The questionnaire will contain a number of questions, consisting of how informative the lecture was, how clear the lecture was, how articulate the doctor was in expressing himself, how much the lecture has persuaded them to change dietary habits. However, most importantly the questionnaire will contain the 'critical question' - "On a scale of 1-10, with 1 being very untrustworthy and 10 being very trustworthy, how trustworthy would you rate the doctor".

In the second lecture, participants are given a lecture on the risks of obesity on mental health by an informally dressed doctor wearing jeans and a T-shirt.

Following the lecture, the participants will complete a questionnaire on the lecture:

The questionnaire will contain a number of questions, consisting of how informative the lecture was, how clear the lecture was, how articulate the doctor was in expressing himself, how much the lecture has persuaded them to change dietary habits. However, most importantly the questionnaire will contain the 'critical question' - "On a scale of 1-10, with 1 being very untrustworthy and 10 being very trustworthy, how trustworthy would you rate the doctor".

Both lectures are performed by the same doctor, on different dates.

The same participants experience both experimental conditions in order to comply with the repeated measures design requirement.

Rating scale results are then compared to show whether dress influenced participants perceived trustworthiness of the doctor.
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending