The Student Room Group
Robotics at Plymouth University
University of Plymouth
Plymouth
Visit website

Official Plymouth University Applicants 2013 Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by GreenFairy
For people that are going to the applicant day on the second of march have you had the details about the day sent to you. The said two weeks before the event but I have no had anything yet.

Nope haven't received mine yet!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Robotics at Plymouth University
University of Plymouth
Plymouth
Visit website
Original post by GreenFairy
For people that are going to the applicant day on the second of march have you had the details about the day sent to you. The said two weeks before the event but I have no had anything yet.

Yeah got an email and post the other day

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 382
Original post by winningjojo
Any Geographers?? Although it's not my first choice I did really like it! Would make a fantastic insurance choice. Seems this thread is light on numbers though...

I'm doing geography too! I'm considering it as my insurance the only thing holding me back is the accommodation, don't quite get what happens if you don't get into halls...
Original post by emily187
I'm doing geography too! I'm considering it as my insurance the only thing holding me back is the accommodation, don't quite get what happens if you don't get into halls...

Think you have to go into private houses :/ what's your firm??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 384
Think you have to go into private houses :/ what's your firm??

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah the thing that worries me though is finding people to go into houses with since no one knows anyone:/
Southampton's my firm, just deciding between Plymouth and Bournemouth now before I can make it official! What about you?
Reply 385
Yeah the thing that worries me though is finding people to go into houses with since no one knows anyone:/
Southampton's my firm, just deciding between Plymouth and Bournemouth now before I can make it official! What about you?

After results day they hold a housing event where everyone goes, meets eachother and decides on where to live and who with

Firm probably royal holloway insurance either soton or Plymouth :smile: probably soton. Predicted AAB but all my unis have offered ABB Looool :smile: although Bournemouth is an amazing area to live in the uni never appealed to me so I didn't apply .

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 387
Original post by .JJ
After results day they hold a housing event where everyone goes, meets eachother and decides on where to live and who with

oooh right that makes sense, thank you!

Firm probably royal holloway insurance either soton or Plymouth :smile: probably soton. Predicted AAB but all my unis have offered ABB Looool :smile: although Bournemouth is an amazing area to live in the uni never appealed to me so I didn't apply .

Posted from TSR Mobile

I wish I was like that! I've been offered ABB from UEA and Southampton but only have BBC predictions, pressure! Yeah that's my problem with Bournemouth I really wasn't sure about the actual uni and the geography lecture on the open day was SO boring, I don't know whether to take that as a reflection on what it'll be like. I went to the Royal Holloway open day, such a nice campus I was just put off by how small and quite the area was and with the same grades as Southampton I didn't think there was much point in applying...
oooh right that makes sense, thank you!

I wish I was like that! I've been offered ABB from UEA and Southampton but only have BBC predictions, pressure! Yeah that's my problem with Bournemouth I really wasn't sure about the actual uni and the geography lecture on the open day was SO boring, I don't know whether to take that as a reflection on what it'll be like. I went to the Royal Holloway open day, such a nice campus I was just put off by how small and quite the area was and with the same grades as Southampton I didn't think there was much point in applying...

I live pretty close and sure I you want the bright lights of the city it's not for you but it has everything I want from a uni and enough thins to do for me. Ah I didn't like UEA did you apply for the environmental geography thing ?? I went to the open day got on campus and was like nope this isn't for me persevered with the day - but the talk didn't thrill me with excitement so didn't apply there shame cos Norwich is lovely. If I could move RHUL to Bournemouth I would literally have the PERFECT uni!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 389
I live pretty close and sure I you want the bright lights of the city it's not for you but it has everything I want from a uni and enough thins to do for me. Ah I didn't like UEA did you apply for the environmental geography thing ?? I went to the open day got on campus and was like nope this isn't for me persevered with the day - but the talk didn't thrill me with excitement so didn't apply there shame cos Norwich is lovely. If I could move RHUL to Bournemouth I would literally have the PERFECT uni!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Completely agree with that, it would be perfect! I was thinking about the environmental geography and climate change but went for climate science in the end. Yeah the campus isn't great but some of the accommodation was nice and I know the area so that was a plus, and it's by the sea which is my main criteria for choosing ahaha
Any marine biologist's going this weekend? :smile:
Reply 391
Anyone got any offers for the Operating Department Practice Diploma yet? I'm still waiting to hear!
Reply 392
Hiiii if anyone is starting plymouth university in September and you do photgraphy, Filming, Dancing, promoting or DJing please give me a shout

Im Sammy J

Im looking at bringing a new night to Plymouth for all students, so anyone who wants experience or even just wants to be apart of the background staff for the best nights give me a shout.

Im personally going to be a student myself in September so Its all about having fun the best possible way.

Good Luck to all who have applied for plymouth I hope you get accepted!!

Ciao x
I have an interview this coming monday and i am SO nervous! Any one else out there going this monday for Adult nursing? :smile:
Reply 394
Thanks karl1991 for advice :tongue:, I am sure now I made my mind up that won't go to Aberystwyth. i just wanted to make sure that the high student satisfaction in the League tables on aberystwyth are worng. I can't imagine myselft being there :eek:
Reply 395
Just looking into accommodation.... Someone mentioned that some were wardrobes controlled? Does this mean we can't have people back after a night out or what? I'm a little confused. Which accommodation is the best one in people's opinions and why? Need some advice
Original post by havy
Just looking into accommodation.... Someone mentioned that some were wardrobes controlled? Does this mean we can't have people back after a night out or what? I'm a little confused. Which accommodation is the best one in people's opinions and why? Need some advice

I'm confused at what your asking as I've never heard of that! But I like the look of Thomas court. I do like Francis drake but it's right in the campus and not to keen been so close! Both ensuite :smile: Thomas court has a nice kitchen an living area

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 397
Original post by Jaderedworth
I'm confused at what your asking as I've never heard of that! But I like the look of Thomas court. I do like Francis drake but it's right in the campus and not to keen been so close! Both ensuite :smile: Thomas court has a nice kitchen an living area

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey sorry I didn't mean wardrobes I ment warden controlled. Yeah I was thinking the same, Thomas court looks good. I'm looking at getting an en suite room but want a good environment as well.... From the map there seems to be a student village right near campus. Does anyone no how close a big tesco or something is from the student housing?
Original post by havy
Hey sorry I didn't mean wardrobes I ment warden controlled. Yeah I was thinking the same, Thomas court looks good. I'm looking at getting an en suite room but want a good environment as well.... From the map there seems to be a student village right near campus. Does anyone no how close a big tesco or something is from the student housing?

Ahh that makes more sense then :smile: and yeah I'm going ensuing aswell, and I'm in plymouth now as going to applicant day tomorrow :smile: I've walked past a bit sainsburys just past the unin

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 399
Original post by Jaderedworth
Ahh that makes more sense then :smile: and yeah I'm going ensuing aswell, and I'm in plymouth now as going to applicant day tomorrow :smile: I've walked past a bit sainsburys just past the unin

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahh I see, I was supposed to be going to that one but I'm a doorman and they won't give me the time off. Going to the next one tho because my venue is closed to be refurbished. Good good. Are u going to look at the accommodation when your there? Let me no the best ones if u do :smile: what are u studying?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending