Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Warlord
Lol, I am very worried about unit 5, I hate it :frown:

Yeah well I got a E last time :/ so think your in a better.position! :smile:
Reply 81
Original post by betsickles
Yeah well I got a E last time :/ so think your in a better.position! :smile:

Well you have already nearly finished papers, I havnt even done a new spec paper lol. But I have to be honest, when I have actually tried to understand stuff, it isnt half bad. Well, for me anyway :tongue:
Reply 82
Original post by Warlord
Well you have already nearly finished papers, I havnt even done a new spec paper lol. But I have to be honest, when I have actually tried to understand stuff, it isnt half bad. Well, for me anyway :tongue:

I haven't nearly finished haha! I har done 2 and got c-d haha but it's an improvement from before. What papers have you done ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 83
I haven't nearly finished haha! I har done 2 and got c-d haha but it's an improvement from before. What papers have you done ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Skimmed over the old papers, and then did the specimen paper. Got 65 out of 90, and that is generous marking. So and so. Chemistry was kind of a mistake lol.
Reply 84
That's really good! Do you have a link to specimen paper and mark scheme? I have a feeling they may try to connect transition metals and the amine complexes this time

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 85
That's really good! Do you have a link to specimen paper and mark scheme? I have a feeling they may try to connect transition metals and the amine complexes this time

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh, I found it when I was looking through the unit 5 thread for june 12, someone had posted it there. But if you cba to look throuygh that, I think just type edexcel chem unit 5 specimen paper on google, and ut should be there :smile: do you mean forming a complex ion with cu2+? That's the only one where t metals and amiine complexes are actually hinted at. That would be nice, not too bad that is.
Reply 86
lol what's wrong with this topic?
5 pages only xD
and unit4 is like 50~pages xD
Reply 87
Heyy... Here are Chemsitry notes

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?xf6gelf6fohl21a

Hope you like them!
Reply 88
Original post by Yorrap
lol what's wrong with this topic?
5 pages only xD
and unit4 is like 50~pages xD

What do you mean 5 pages?
I hate this unit. I feel like I know most it, and then a random q comes up and completely throws me. :angry: Organic synthesis esp.
Reply 89
Original post by d_94

Hope you like them!

Thats very kind of you, thanks
Reply 90
Original post by Warlord
Thats very kind of you, thanks

No problem! :smile:
Reply 91
Original post by James A
Hi guys, thought I'd make a little thread here for the unit 5 chem exam for the upcoming January exams.

I am aware that there won't be many people on this particular thread, because this is a unit 5 paper, but let's see how this goes.

Any questions regarding this exam and pre exam discussion is all here :smile:

How do we convert 4-nitro methylbenzene into 4- nitrobenzoic acid?
Reply 92
Original post by Warlord
How do we convert 4-nitro methylbenzene into 4- nitrobenzoic acid?

I don't think you can do that conversion. I doubt they will ask that in the exam, or I'm having a bad moment here. I don't know how you can convert a methyl group into a COOH group.

Ask Nutter.
Reply 93
Original post by James A
I don't think you can do that conversion. I doubt they will ask that in the exam, or I'm having a bad moment here. I don't know how you can convert a methyl group into a COOH group.

Ask Nutter.

I asked this only because it came up in an exam, june 2007 in fact :s-smilie:. I somehow guessed one of the reagents right, it was potassium permanganate, but the other was any acid. Hence I was wondering how this reaction worked. But thanks anyway.
Reply 94
Original post by Warlord
What do you mean 5 pages?
I hate this unit. I feel like I know most it, and then a random q comes up and completely throws me. :angry: Organic synthesis esp.

chemistry 5 topic (this topic)

chemistry 4 topic
Reply 95
Original post by d_94

Hope you like them!

Thanks for these ! Very useful :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 96
Why is Copper (I) oxide red?

-->discuss
Original post by Yorrap

-->discuss

I think its to do with the nature of the ligand and the oxidation state on Cu, they are not blue like the hydroxides due to increased splitting of the d electrons, a higher energy wavelength is absorbed and hence the red.

My opinion anyway.
Reply 98
Original post by Green Glass
I think its to do with the nature of the ligand and the oxidation state on Cu, they are not blue like the hydroxides due to increased splitting of the d electrons, a higher energy wavelength is absorbed and hence the red.

My opinion anyway.

Yes, the number of electrons in the d orbitals effects the wavelength frequency absorbed, and hence the actual complementary colours transmitted.
Reply 99
Original post by Yorrap

-->discuss

At the back or end of the syllabus, it tells us how to prepare cholesteryl benzoate, and methyl 3 nitrobenzene. I have learnt these, but are we expected to know them? Plus how is revision going :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending