The Student Room Group
Staffordshire University
Stoke-on-Trent
Visit website

Staffordshire University Applicants 2013

Scroll to see replies

Received a conditional offer for Forensic Science today!
I just want to accept it now! Staffs is the main uni i want to go to...
just waiting to hear from UCLAN, LJM, Sheff Hallam and Derby now.
Staffordshire University
Stoke-on-Trent
Visit website
Applied for Games Concept Design mid-December but heard nothing :/
Reply 42
I've just accepted my offer to study an MA in Terrorism, Crime and Global Security. It's via distance learning.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 43
hey guys, im currently a third year at staffs uni only one semester left =[ bad times! anyway if anyone has any questions just ask =]
Reply 44
Original post by lexie2801
hey guys, im currently a third year at staffs uni only one semester left =[ bad times! anyway if anyone has any questions just ask =]

Which campus are you located at and what course?
Just got an interview for BA Photography in March! So excited! Has anyone else applied to do Photography? :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Hi, I've an interview for Games Concept Design in late February but it's on a Wednesday so I've no idea how I'd attend as dad's working and trains are stupidly expensive and have lots of connections and I've not experienced that before so.... How flexible are they with regards to requesting a different date for interviews and d'you think they'd do one on a weekend?
Also, would I need a portfolio? I can't seem to find anything about it on the university website (nor can I see anything about an interview being required! If I'd have known about an interview I'd have applied for something else 'cause of issues with getting there)
Thanks
Reply 47
For anyone who has had an interview for staffs, do you get an email or will it appear on track? Getting nervous now, been waiting since start of December! I'm applying for midwifery :smile: xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 48
Name: Danielle
Current and Predicted Grades: AAB for Psychology, Media & English Lang/Lit
Course Applying For: Computer Games Design & Programming
Other Choices: Film Tech & Visual Effects at BCU

I've received a conditional offer :smile: I fell in love with Staffs because of the motion capture studio and the idea of living in a new area, but I'm having such a hard time making my choice about where I really wanna go :s-smilie:
Reply 49
Name: Lukasz
Course Applying For: Computer Games Programming
Other Choices: Wolverhampton, Birmingham City (Got a conditional offer, just need one more Merit :biggrin:), Hull

If I will get an offer from Stafford then it will be my firm choice and BCU will be my insurance.
Original post by castintoforever
Hi, I've an interview for Games Concept Design in late February but it's on a Wednesday so I've no idea how I'd attend as dad's working and trains are stupidly expensive and have lots of connections and I've not experienced that before so.... How flexible are they with regards to requesting a different date for interviews and d'you think they'd do one on a weekend?
Also, would I need a portfolio? I can't seem to find anything about it on the university website (nor can I see anything about an interview being required! If I'd have known about an interview I'd have applied for something else 'cause of issues with getting there)
Thanks

Hi, They wont do an interview on the weekend I'm afraid either get your Dad to book it off or lend the money and well ya know, man up. You have to get used to the trains and such and show that you are a capable adult. As for your portfolio I would e-mail the university I think the enquiry teams email is [email protected] just ask them specifically what is needed and figure the rest out for yourself though.
Reply 51
Finally firmed Staffs for Computer Games Programming
Hi not sure if anyone has any extra details or what exactly is going on but my tutors have told me that they had an email from Staffs stating that if anyone is applying to Nursing or Midwifery in Staffs they are having trouble with their systems and will therefore be taking a while to reply to applicants. Hope this helps to ease some worries if anyone else is having them. Also any extra info anyone has I would be great full.

I'm fed up of waiting :frown:
Original post by roadrunner_300
Received a conditional offer for Forensic Science today!
I just want to accept it now! Staffs is the main uni i want to go to...
just waiting to hear from UCLAN, LJM, Sheff Hallam and Derby now.

I've applied for that course at staff but as you need science a levels I don't think I will get it but hoping on forensic investigations which I applied at staff too :smile:
Reply 54
I've just been accepted for Policing and Criminal Investigation

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DizzySweets
Hi, They wont do an interview on the weekend I'm afraid either get your Dad to book it off or lend the money and well ya know, man up. You have to get used to the trains and such and show that you are a capable adult. As for your portfolio I would e-mail the university I think the enquiry teams email is [email protected] just ask them specifically what is needed and figure the rest out for yourself though.

I'm just gonna cancel the choice. I'm not forking out £100 for a train ticket to go to an interview at a university that I won't end up going to anyway (Already have unconditional offers from Sheffield Hallam and Chester) so this interview seems pointless anyway. It was a backup and I don't need it now. Thanks for your advice, anyway.
Original post by JessWrightXo
I've applied for that course at staff but as you need science a levels I don't think I will get it but hoping on forensic investigations which I applied at staff too :smile:

Luckily i'm doing an access course, so i don't need A levels, otherwise i'd be pretty screwed :\
Reply 57
I just accepted Staffordshire as my firm choice for History :smile: but it wont let me apply for accommodation for some reason
Reply 58
Original post by sarahmay17
I just accepted Staffordshire as my firm choice for History :smile: but it wont let me apply for accommodation for some reason

Have you had an email from Staffordshire yet?
Original post by roadrunner_300
Luckily i'm doing an access course, so i don't need A levels, otherwise i'd be pretty screwed :\

Ahh ok so you can still do the course then?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending