The Student Room Group

What do you get from your parents for xmas?

Just wondering really. All my friends seem to get loads compared to myself, so I'm wondering about others.

Obviously it has gone down a lot with age for me. I would say I got most when I was 16, 17, 18. Since then it has been declining (I'm 20 now), but I do expect it to of course! I tend to spend more on them now than I used to, so it evens out nicely.

I normally get about £20 and some bits like dvds, chocolate, perfume. If I don't get as many bits they will give me more money.
Pretty much the same as you--my friends seem to get a ridic amount of stuff for birthdays and Christmas. I guess it's better that way, otherwise as you get older they'd expect you to fork out massive amounts for their presents!

We have a 1 present system in my family to keep costs down: you buy for one other family member but spend much more than you'd normally spend on one person if you were buying for the whole family. It means you get one quality gift that you genuinely like rather than lots of OK gifts that aren't so useful
Reply 2
Just some money.
Reply 3
I'm 21 - Games, DVDs, Albums etc but when the next gen of consoles comeout I'll proberbly get one.
Reply 4
their love and affection...
:heart:
Reply 5
Socks! :biggrin: Every. Single. Year.
Reply 6
Hi =]

I hope you're all well.

I'm obsessed with Body Shop goodies (everyone in my family is) and we hold like six or seven parties a year; my step-mum will always buy whatever I want at one of those parties (normally like £20 worth) and then wrap it all up for me. It's really just a case of getting what I need; like they've bought me a railcard every year and because I work away they've bought me a suitcase too :smile:

I also get a calendar, some chocolates and 'The Guinness World Records' book (which I've received as a present for the past ten years).

xxx
Reply 7
Nothing, cannot afford it.
Reply 8
Money generally. I don't really want anything so I just get some money which I can put towards something I want as long as I save myself to the item also
Reply 9
One 'big' present, and a few 'little' presents. Last year's big present was a coffee machine, and then I got some DVDs, some books, some art materials and a few clothes. I'm 17, so this year I might get less because my big present is going to be a laptop for uni, which is expensive.
A shiny new Nexus 4!! :smile:
Reply 11
An ipad mini :-) and other stuff
Reply 12
before I turned 18 I used to get around 200 quid for Christmas , ever since I have only got bugger all. only the children in my family get prezzies :frown:
Reply 13
When I was younger I used to get loads but now I usually get something like a CD/DVD or something to wear along with toiletres (not sure how thats spelt) or make up.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Money, because it's all I've asked for since I was a child. I've always preferred having discretion in what I purchase, and I like to be able to change my mind as much as possible.
Reply 15
Nothing. I haven't received anything from my parents for years. My grandfather and his wife sent me £200 though, which I didn't expect :redface:. They said it's to help with expenses as I will be cooking for quite a few people. So that's lovely of them and definitely helpful.

Quick Reply

Latest