The Student Room Group

Stocking vs sack vs pillowcase?

This poll is closed

What were your presents from Father Christmas delivered in?

Christmas stocking 38%
Pillowcase 13%
Sack 0%
Other (write it in the chat!)50%
Total votes: 8
When you were younger (or maybe even now.... :iiam: ) did you have a Christmas stocking, sack, or pillowcase with your presents from Santa in? :claus: :xmas:

When I was little we didn't do Xmas stocking - it was always a pillowcase. Idk if this is a regional thing though? I always assumed it was because you could always fit more presents in it :hmmmm: :biggrin:
(edited 4 months ago)
I always got mine in a Christmas stocking
We always had them wrapped up but in a different wrapping paper to the other presents then put under the tree
in a pillowcase, and also some things in stockings... father Christmas was quite generous in my family lol
No presents :hand:
Both a stocking and a sack lol
Santa only brought a stocking full of sweets and one other present my parents were not prepared to let him take credit for the rest!

Have never heard of a pillowcase though :rofl:

I know in countries that have St Nicholas that he tends to leave gifts in a shoe or boot though!
Reply 7
We had a combination of stockings on the chimney and sacks mixed amongst the presents that were left under the tree
Pillowcases are always the most fiddly :angry:

I don't mind though, I will deposit my gifts into whichever receptacle the child has :biggrin:

I remember one family who left out wellies for their gifts :holmes:

Quick Reply

Latest