The Student Room Group

Boyfriend travelling without me

Hey
I'll try and give context as concise as I can.

We've been together since the start of uni (4years). We've both now graduated and are living at home . Luckily , we only live a 30 min journey from each other.

I've met his parents already and sTy round his quite a lot. His parents seem very controlling and I feel like his parents don't like me as I direct his attention elsewhere.

Not that I expect gifts from them, but they're pretty minted and can afford to treat him to anything he wants. But whenever it's something to do with me, if he asks for a weekend away with me for his Xmas present lets say , they "lose the gift" or "forget to get it" in some way. This has happened multiple times.
They even skipped on getting me Xmas presents this year now we've graduated (despite always getting me one previously , not to mention the fact I always ensure that my bfs' and their gifts are great!).
They've always pulled holes in me too and made unnecessary and often hurtful comments about me to my face in their own home . My boyfriend seems to just ignore them for convenience sake. I think he's scared of his parents and lacks backbone, he used to talk about them with such hate and their abuse before uni.
I can't help but feel that they're waiting for our relationship to fizzle out.

Anyway , any trip that means he travels with me, they can't seem to help him with or they have a problem/issue with it.
If he travels with friends or goes abroad with them, they happily fund it. Anything that doesn't involve me , they seem to. E able to help with.
And the most hurtful part is I feel like I can't plan things with him without him saying "I've haven't got enough money ,or , I can't I'm sorry" yet he's happily jetting off to Europe in a few weeks with pals on the weekend we would've been meeting up

This isn't the first time he's done something like this. And I've paid for him to go on holiday in the past .

I feel like chucking him and getting back in the dating pool whilst I'm still young and not totally tied in.

Am I being unreasonable for feeling hurt and angry at him?

He basically said that he might come abroad with me later in the year (as long as something else better doesn't crop up I suspect)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending