The Student Room Group
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

Nottingham trent accommodation 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
I'm stuck between Sandby and Gill street, don't know what to do!
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 181
Original post by HStabler
Only problem you'll have with private accomodation is that it isn't university owned or managed, so even though everyone living there needs to be exempt from council tax (to be eligible to live there) you may not live with all NTU students, they may be from university of nottingham as well or from local colleges too! just something to think about x

yeah i considered that too, but to be honest id rather meet a range of new people and have enough money to go out than to struggle to make ends meet and be (somewhat) limited in the people i meet (with regards to accommodation)

I do wanna go gill street though but that 125 a week sounds like a killer!:mad:
Reply 182
Original post by monzz
yeah i considered that too, but to be honest id rather meet a range of new people and have enough money to go out than to struggle to make ends meet and be (somewhat) limited in the people i meet (with regards to accommodation)

I do wanna go gill street though but that 125 a week sounds like a killer!:mad:

yeah thats fair enough! my cousin in london lives in private accomodation like this and its fine - but luckily most of the people there go to the same dance college, so shes alright! why not consider one of the uni accomodations off campus? simpsons was nice - I was going to book there but I wont be needing my car to travel as much as I thought I would - I can just get trains! xx
Reply 183
yeah thats fair enough! my cousin in london lives in private accomodation like this and its fine - but luckily most of the people there go to the same dance college, so shes alright! why not consider one of the uni accomodations off campus? simpsons was nice - I was going to book there but I wont be needing my car to travel as much as I thought I would - I can just get trains! xx

Simpsons was initially my first choice, it's stunning, but the distance is a bit annoying, 1 and a half miles - not sure if i wanna be doing that. I was considering buying a car n living off campus n driving in, but my sister who attended NTU said students rarely use their cars coz theres no point.
so private, cheaper halls in the city centre myt have to be the one for me.
where are you considering to live?
Reply 184
I really like the look of Goldsmith court but everyone is looking at Victoria Hall? how far away is that?
Reply 185
Original post by monzz
Hi guys,
I'm gonna study Architecture at the city site but I'm not too keen on the prices of campus accommodation. Looking at private halls, I like the look of Victoria Halls, anyone else considering them?

Original post by monzz
Im in the saaaaame boat as you! but i looked at some private accommodation and im thinking victoria halls r mch nicer and for a cheaper price. what do u think abt private halls? im nt sure wat to pick bt i need to chooose before monday!! helpp:confused:
if i do choose campus halls i will choose gill street though! big roomss

Hey second year here and you should definitely consider private halls. Been living at Goldsmith Court for two years now and have rebooked for my third. Viccy is nice but I reckon you get more value for your money at Goldsmith for only a bit more. A lot closer to City campus (literally across the road from Newton), bigger rooms than Viccy, nicer kitchens and TVs, etc.

There really isn't that much difference between Goldsmith and uni halls. The majority here are freshers (with it being seconds away from uni), we get fresher reps and a halls committee like the uni halls too. Really good value for money when you take everything into account (Gill Street's rate is crazy, especially since the rooms and kitchens are bigger at Goldsmith).

Honestly don't waste your money. If you want to spend more go for Gill Street South or Byron, seeing as they're brand new. Gill Street's popularity is based on its reputation as being the closest uni halls to City campus and being the most expensive. That won't last now though due to the two new halls.

Hope that helped. :smile:

Original post by kianamcwilliams
Hey, it sounds like I'm also in the same boat as you. I had a look at Victoria Halls also and it does look a lot nicer and cheaper but I'm scared there wouldn't be a lot of first years. I'm so confused on what to do ha! :s-smilie::smile:

Had/have mates living at Viccy and haven't heard one complaint about lack of freshers.

Also at Goldsmith the majority of people are freshers since we're so close to the uni.

A lot of people seem to get scared there won't be many freshers at places like Viccy or Goldsmith but that simply isn't the case. :smile:

Original post by kelly49
I really like the look of Goldsmith court but everyone is looking at Victoria Hall? how far away is that?

Goldsmith's across the road from the uni, Viccy is about a 15 min walk. Surprised by the lack of mention for Goldsmith actually haha.
(edited 11 years ago)
Who's thinking of Goldsmith Court? I'm booking a room!
Original post by Mozumder
Hey second year here and you should definitely consider private halls. Been living at Goldsmith Court for two years now and have rebooked for my third. Viccy is nice but I reckon you get more value for your money at Goldsmith for only a bit more. A lot closer to City campus (literally across the road from Newton), bigger rooms than Viccy, nicer kitchens and TVs, etc.

There really isn't that much difference between Goldsmith and uni halls. The majority here are freshers (with it being seconds away from uni), we get fresher reps and a halls committee like the uni halls too. Really good value for money when you take everything into account (Gill Street's rate is crazy, especially since the rooms and kitchens are bigger at Goldsmith).

Honestly don't waste your money. If you want to spend more go for Gill Street South or Byron, seeing as they're brand new. Gill Street's popularity is based on its reputation as being the closest uni halls to City campus and being the most expensive. That won't last now though due to the two new halls.

Had/have mates living at Viccy and haven't heard one complaint about lack of freshers.

Also at Goldsmith the majority of people are freshers since we're so close to the uni.

A lot of people seem to get scared there won't be many freshers at places like Viccy or Goldsmith but that simply isn't the case. :smile:

Goldsmith's across the road from the uni, Viccy is about a 15 min walk. Surprised by the lack of mention for Goldsmith actually haha.

Wow, that has definitely given me some closure, may have to take a look at Goldsmith's now. Thank you :biggrin:
Reply 188
Original post by kianamcwilliams
Wow, that has definitely given me some closure, may have to take a look at Goldsmith's now. Thank you :biggrin:

No problem. :smile:

You definitely should, it's just convenient living here more than anything else. All the other stuff is a bonus.
Reply 189
Original post by monzz
Simpsons was initially my first choice, it's stunning, but the distance is a bit annoying, 1 and a half miles - not sure if i wanna be doing that. I was considering buying a car n living off campus n driving in, but my sister who attended NTU said students rarely use their cars coz theres no point.
so private, cheaper halls in the city centre myt have to be the one for me.
where are you considering to live?

Yeah - it's a 9 minute bus and about 20 minute walk.. Not too bad I don't think compared to maltings etc! But yeah I get what you mean :smile: there's no parking so you wouldn't be able to drive in! And I'm booking Gill Street on Monday :smile: xx
Reply 190
Original post by monzz
...where are you considering to live?...

Also, Victoria Halls is about a 12/15 minute walk to the uni - and I'm not sure if there's a bus route! xx
Reply 191
Original post by MelSouthern
Who's thinking of Goldsmith Court? I'm booking a room!

I am booking Goldsmith Court too!
Reply 192
Yeah - it's a 9 minute bus and about 20 minute walk.. Not too bad I don't think compared to maltings etc! But yeah I get what you mean :smile: there's no parking so you wouldn't be able to drive in! And I'm booking Gill Street on Monday :smile: xx

South or normal Gill?
Reply 193
Original post by LewisH95
South or normal Gill?

Gill street :smile: xx
Original post by kelly49
I am booking Goldsmith Court too!

Woooooo, party in Goldsmith's!
Original post by xMeganRose
Good luck with booking it! Let me know how you get on :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Will do thanks for you advice :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone whose considering going Victoria Halls, and is worried about the distance, watch this vid ^_^ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xvwPYkZGCA
Reply 197
Has anyone got any information about Trinity Square or does anyone live there atm? I just want to know how its like in there as i'm booking it soon ..
Reply 198
Original post by Mozumder

Wow thank you so much!! this helped me a lot! gonna take a look at goldsmiths too:biggrin::smile:
Reply 199
Also, Victoria Halls is about a 12/15 minute walk to the uni - and I'm not sure if there's a bus route! xx

ooh okay, thank you so :biggrin: i might switch to goldsmith nowww

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending