The Student Room Group
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

Nottingham trent accommodation 2013

Scroll to see replies

I have no idea which accommodation to go for.
I'm 21, but would rather be with first years. Because I left it quite late my choices are limited.
I saw one room in Gill Street available, but its £6601.01 a year?! That's quite a lot of money.
The others available are Meridian (£4290.24) or Maltings (£4120.84). I am getting the student loans.

That makes Gill Street nearly £2000 more per year, for the advantages of being on campus, and having ensuite?
However in Maltings, the beds are 2’6’’ x 6’ . That is tiny? Plus have the bore of having to travel to uni. Admittedly only two miles.

I'm really indecisive so can't choose.
I just want to maximize my chances of being with decent people, who are up for going out and stuff. Any suggestions to help me decide..!
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website
Original post by james.rawli
I'm 21, but would rather be with first years. Because I left it quite late my choices are limited.
I saw one room in Gill Street available, but its £6601.01 a year?! That's quite a lot of money.
The others available are Meridian (£4290.24) or Maltings (£4120.84). I am getting the student loans.

That makes Gill Street nearly £2000 more per year, for the advantages of being on campus, and having ensuite?
However in Maltings, the beds are 2’6’’ x 6’ . That is tiny? Plus have the bore of having to travel to uni. Admittedly only two miles.

I just want to maximize my chances of being with decent people, who are up for going out and stuff. Any suggestions to help me decide..!

Hey :smile: when I went to book my accommodation there was only the residences 2 miles away from the city site or the private accommodation. Luckily, when I spoke to someone at NTU there was a room spare at gill street so I booked that room even though it was more expensive than my other options.
I'm 19 and a year older than some people going to university but I chose uni accommodation as I wanted to meet more people and make more new friends. Also I wanted to be near the city centre as that will be where I will be studying and I wanted to get a busier atmosphere with more going on :smile:

Gill street costs a fair bit more than my other options but I liked the rooms and how fewer people you shared kitchens/ flats with.

I would go for the accommodation you think you'll be happier in as you'll be spending nearly a year there, living, possibly working nearby, and studying so you don't want to start hating where you are living :smile:

I wouldn't wait too long to choose though as the rooms closest to the city site go quick :smile:

Hope that helps :smile: x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 982
trinity square
Reply 983
What about the Clifton houses I'm in number 1 they are cheap, on campus and hopefully will still be good for social side
Reply 984
Original post by james.rawli

the quality of facilities at gill street are a lot better, that's why it's more expensive.. By now that room at gill street has probably gone as its in quite high demand.. I would go with what will make you happy but both the other accommodations are quite far - so it will be a commute for you.. The rooms at both the others aren't great, but they're standard uni rooms... You do share facilities, between a few of you! If you go private, to Victoria halls, or goldsmith court they'd be good! Still a lot of freshers going there! I'm staying at gill street and ill turn 21 in first year so I know what your feelings might be.. Personally, I wouldn't want to live at the NTU ones that are left just because I don't want to share a bathroom with more than 1/2 people, and I don't want to have to commute to uni every morning/evening, so I'd go with the private ones but that's up to you :-) xx
I'm 21 and am going to NTU Business scchool for Msc.
I am confused between Victoria halls, Glasshouse, IQ accommodation.
Any help ?
Reply 986
Original post by Dhruvmashruwala
I'm 21 and am going to NTU Business scchool for Msc.
I am confused between Victoria halls, Glasshouse, IQ accommodation.
Any help ?

I'm staying at glasshouse as I missed out too! But I know two girls who have stayed there are loved it so much they booked for their second year there too! The rooms are lovely and it's opposite the Victoria shopping centre. They said they still have rooms and there's a 15% discount on booking at the moment too.
Hope that helps!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey,

I am also coming to Nottingham Trent, and thanks to my extremely organised personality I managed to leave booking accomadation till today , I turned 18 in late December, and am looking forward to living in the maltings; nervous too, I'm studying chemistry so will have to get a bus to the Clifton campus, which means getting up earlier, woohoo. The free transport sounds really good, means more money for going out! . Is anyone else having to get bus to Clifton, and how are you all feeling about living at maltings in September? Hope I'm not getting to ahead of myself as I don't even know if I got the grades to get in! I think the maltings looks pretty good, and its much cheaper than the on campus rooms, the only ones left where £7000, and had a hob at the end of the bed, talk about breakfast in bed!
Pretty excited can't wait to see how different things will be to London
First floor, Block O, Flat 86, Room 1. Anyone adjacent or in the same flat?
Reply 989
Original post by ImprudentStudent

Hey,

I am also coming to Nottingham Trent, and thanks to my extremely organised personality I managed to leave booking accomadation till today , I turned 18 in late December, and am looking forward to living in the maltings; nervous too, I'm studying chemistry so will have to get a bus to the Clifton campus, which means getting up earlier, woohoo. The free transport sounds really good, means more money for going out! . Is anyone else having to get bus to Clifton, and how are you all feeling about living at maltings in September? Hope I'm not getting to ahead of myself as I don't even know if I got the grades to get in! I think the maltings looks pretty good, and its much cheaper than the on campus rooms, the only ones left where £7000, and had a hob at the end of the bed, talk about breakfast in bed!

Doing exactly the same I am! I'm studying English and History on Clifton but staying in the Maltings! Where abouts are you staying?
Reply 990
morning I have a room for rent short stay of 1 month only to 3 months or 1 year with contract. starting early October let your freinds konw i can sent you phontos i have to big rooms it a quite house to study in. £370 all inclisive internet TV and bills. what a bargin.
Im Lorraine im not fare from the victoria Hall flats call to book a viewing soon.
Reply 991
morning I have a room for rent short stay of 1 month only to 3 months or 1 year with contract. starting early October let your freinds konw i can sent you phontos i have to big rooms it a quite house to study in. £370 all inclisive internet TV and bills. what a bargin.
Im Lorraine im not fare from the victoria Hall flats call to book a viewing soon. its the starting of St Ann, please come and view the house first its not bad realy. students are hare at the moment till October.
Reply 992
Original post by Shahen20
Living in Peverell Room N0801 anyone else in the Clifton campus?

Hey I'm also in Peverell J0593. What are you going to study?
Reply 993
Anyone know what the night life is like in Nottingham?
Reply 994
Original post by Sherree
Anyone know what the night life is like in Nottingham?

Its a quality night out :smile:
Reply 995
Original post by AmyNTU
Hey I'm also in Peverell J0593. What are you going to study?

Forensic science, you?
Original post by DMee9
Doing exactly the same I am! I'm studying English and History on Clifton but staying in the Maltings! Where abouts are you staying?

I kinda lost my login into the Nottingham website, so ill let you know as soon as I can :biggrin: like I said, extremely organised haha
Reply 997
Primary education

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 998
Looking for a place to stay in Nottingham?

There are 4 rooms available in a cheap spacious flat :smile:

£65pw/£282pm ALL bills included (water, electricity, internet, heating, tv license and virgin TV)

20 minutes by foot from Nottingham Trent University and New College Nottingham
Bus stop going to the city right outside the door!

10 minutes away from ASDA and TESCO - Easy and accessible

PM me for more details!
Reply 999
Looking for a place to stay in Nottingham?

There are 4 rooms available in a cheap spacious flat :smile:

£65pw/£282pm ALL bills included (water, electricity, internet, heating, tv license and virgin TV)

20 minutes by foot from Nottingham Trent University and New College Nottingham
Bus stop going to the city right outside the door!

University of Nottingham Jubilee Campus accessible by bus via Ilkeston Road

10 minutes away from ASDA and TESCO - Easy and accessible

PM me for more details! :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending