The Student Room Group

central saint martins vs Falmouth

Hey guys I am new here so I am not sure if this is where I ask my question

I am an international student and I have applied to Falmouth, Plymouth, Brighton, Hertfordshire and university of arts London. I got a conditional offer from Falmouth for BA fine arts within 3 days of applying and they have asked me complete this acceptance form and send it to them with a 1000 pounds! I am not sure what exactly to do..Falmouth is actually my 2nd preference after ual. .please I need advice
Reply 1
That sounds really bad, they shouldn't be asking for any money upfront, it sounds like that's probably not a real invitation you've received, unless it is different for international students.
If I were you I'd get the phone number and/or email address from the official Falmouth website and contact them to check.
You should not have to accept any university offers until you have received all of your highest choices.

I've been to Central Saint Martins and found the staff to be awfully rude, I wouldn't recommend it. I don't know about Falmouth though, it's not one of my options.
Reply 2
It is an official message I got..I mean right when they sent it it appeared on my UCAS track as well
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 3
I am a foundation student going onto do graphic design at uni. I have had replies from CSM, Leeds college of arts and falmouth all offering me a place on their course. My first choice is martins but I have came across so much negative reviews regarding the institution. Can anyone offer me any quick helpful advice?
My friend is at Falmouth now and she loves it so much! CSM I think lives off its reputation too much I went for open days etc and they weren't as friendly as other Unis such as Falmouth and Brighton x

Quick Reply

Latest