The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Bluth.
I don't mind giving it a read through (obviously I don't know anything about music PhDs but I could comment on how I think it comes across in a general sense)

Thankies hun! :jumphug: Will PM it to you :h:
Reply 181
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Thankies hun! :jumphug: Will PM it to you :h:

Can send it my way too if you fancy? Just let me get rid of this hangover first :redface:
Original post by apotoftea
Can send it my way too if you fancy? Just let me get rid of this hangover first :redface:

Aw, thanks hun! I've already sent it though :colondollar: It was driving me bonkers, so I just sent it with some amendments that Bluth suggested. I'm such an impatient soul :o:

:hugs:
Aw, thanks hun! I've already sent it though :colondollar: It was driving me bonkers, so I just sent it with some amendments that Bluth suggested. I'm such an impatient soul :o:

Well best of luck, my second PhD app is in tomorrow. :s-smilie: So I too, am antsy.
Reply 184
Original post by The Lyceum
Well best of luck, my second PhD app is in tomorrow. :s-smilie: So I too, am antsy.

Good luck! If my meeting tomorrow goes well I will also be sending mine off :eek:
Good luck to those sending applications off. Hope you all get the outcome you want :smile:

This reminds me, I need to cancel my MA offer. Would it be ok to say that I have now quit teaching and so no longer need an MA in education?
Reply 186
Good luck with the applications TLG, Lyceum, and Bluth.!

Original post by Ally Kat
This reminds me, I need to cancel my MA offer. Would it be ok to say that I have now quit teaching and so no longer need an MA in education?

I think that sounds perfectly reasonable. I guess the only time you'd have to be particularly careful about wording it would be if you're go back to teaching, but since you're not...
Original post by ktr
I think that sounds perfectly reasonable. I guess the only time you'd have to be particularly careful about wording it would be if you're go back to teaching, but since you're not...

Thanks, all now done and dusted :smile:
Grargh! Run out of painkillers for my migraines, and the next doctor appointment available is 2 weeks from now :colonhash: (have to see a doctor because I need a prescription and have been using stuff my parents brought over from SA for me). Chances of going 2 weeks without a migraine are very slim indeed :frown:

Also, Happy New Year everyone.
Anyone want to do a 6 hour stint at work for me *feel so crap - cries*
Reply 190

No worries :smile: Hope you get it as you'll be round the corner from me :wink:

Original post by The Lyceum

Best of luck :biggrin:

Original post by Craghyrax
Grargh! Run out of painkillers for my migraines, and the next doctor appointment available is 2 weeks from now :colonhash: (have to see a doctor because I need a prescription and have been using stuff my parents brought over from SA for me). Chances of going 2 weeks without a migraine are very slim indeed :frown:

Also, Happy New Year everyone.

:frown: Are there any walk in centres near to you? Or does the surgery not offer on the day appointments if you ring up at some stupid hour?

Happy new year all btw :biggrin:
Original post by apotoftea

:frown: Are there any walk in centres near to you? Or does the surgery not offer on the day appointments if you ring up at some stupid hour?

They asked if I wanted an emergency appointment, but I couldn't really bring myself to ask for one :o: There are lots of people who need help straight away, and I can't pretend that a migraine is life threatening. I'm not currently sick. I might lose a day or two where I have to go to sleep early, but I also might be fine.

Besides its my fault that I didn't plan ahead and get a prescription before my painkillers ran out.
Reply 192
They asked if I wanted an emergency appointment, but I couldn't really bring myself to ask for one :o: There are lots of people who need help straight away, and I can't pretend that a migraine is life threatening. I'm not currently sick. I might lose a day or two where I have to go to sleep early, but I also might be fine.

Besides its my fault that I didn't plan ahead and get a prescription before my painkillers ran out.

If I were you I'd make the appointment...they work on triage, and they're not going to ignore someone who walks in with a stab wound or a heart attack just because you have an appointment :smile:
Original post by sj27
If I were you I'd make the appointment...they work on triage, and they're not going to ignore someone who walks in with a stab wound or a heart attack just because you have an appointment :smile:

Reply 194
Hello GOGs. Happy new year! I was back at work today :colonhash:
Had a really rubbish Christmas as I was ill with flu for almost the entire holiday. I spent all of Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, Boxing Day and 27th Dec on the sofa feeling sorry for myself. New years was better as I didn't feel like death and 2 friends from the UK came over and we had a really chilled 4 days.
Hope everyone's ok and has had a decent holiday! Wishing everyone the best for 2013 :smile:
Original post by Becca
Hello GOGs. Happy new year! I was back at work today :colonhash:
Had a really rubbish Christmas as I was ill with flu for almost the entire holiday. I spent all of Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, Boxing Day and 27th Dec on the sofa feeling sorry for myself. New years was better as I didn't feel like death and 2 friends from the UK came over and we had a really chilled 4 days.
Hope everyone's ok and has had a decent holiday! Wishing everyone the best for 2013 :smile:

I'm really sorry to hear that :console:
I had a similar experience a few years ago, where I caught some really nasty strain on the flight home to SA and ended up literally bedridden and unable to speak from Christmas Eve through to the new year :s-smilie: I hope your presents were nice this year and that you've had enough fun things to make up for it.
So, all the online migraine stuff tells me that if I want to prevent migraines, I need to avoid the following:

- Sleep deprivation
- Stress
- Alcohol
- Chocolate
- Caffeine

Clearly the first two are unavoidable, and the latter three are integral to my sanity :colonhash: :colonhash: :colonhash:

:shot:
Reply 197
So, all the online migraine stuff tells me that if I want to prevent migraines, I need to avoid the following:

- Sleep deprivation
- Stress
- Alcohol
- Chocolate
- Caffeine

Clearly the first two are unavoidable, and the latter three are integral to my sanity :colonhash: :colonhash: :colonhash:

:shot:

I get migraines very infrequently but they suck. Big time. My sympathies :frown: I'm also not convinced they are worth giving up alcohol/chocolate/caffeine for.
Original post by Bluth.
I get migraines very infrequently but they suck. Big time. My sympathies :frown: I'm also not convinced they are worth giving up alcohol/chocolate/caffeine for.

Thanks :smile: Frequency varies for me, but I think 8 or 10 a month is average. I've also gone on the basis that its not worth going to such drastic means. The painkillers I've just run out of do stop the pain. They leave me very drugged and shaky for several hours, but they work. Lately I've been reading about how bad regular intake of paracetamol is for long term health, and that's making me reconsider.
But yeh... I'm not sure I could give up all that. I go gluten free too, so its all round miserable.
Thanks :smile: Frequency varies for me, but I think 8 or 10 a month is average. I've also gone on the basis that its not worth going to such drastic means. The painkillers I've just run out of do stop the pain. They leave me very drugged and shaky for several hours, but they work. Lately I've been reading about how bad regular intake of paracetamol is for long term health, and that's making me reconsider.
But yeh... I'm not sure I could give up all that. I go gluten free too, so its all round miserable.

the girlfriend cut out dairy and that made a huge difference to the intensity of her migraines, though she still gets them regularly when stressed

Latest

Trending

Trending