The Student Room Group

My Velocity Diet Log - 28 Days Of Shakes

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by cowsforsale
What does your macronutrient split end up like? Do you consume a lot of fibre?

Do you think you'll be able to move onto a normal diet when the 28 days are done?

I consume a lot of fibre, have a scoop of inulin in every shake. I'm not sure what my exact macro split is, but I'm eating ~200-250g of protein a day, with the rest of my kcals from cod liver oil, flax seed & peanut butter. So bit of carbs, and some healthy fats.

Should be no problem going back to a normal diet - plan is to ease into it though, with 2 weeks transition to avoid a sudden shock.

Protein etc being delivered today, so back on track in terms of all shakes. I'm going to add another 2 days to the diet to make up for the food I ate on friday/saturday due to running out of protein etc.

Forgot to weigh myself yesterday, but 187.4lbs today, so only 0.2lbs up - not bad at all considering I've been eating over the weekend. Perhaps not so much water will be regained when I ease off the diet as imagined.

Should have a good week ahead now!
Reply 41
Broken through the 10lb lost mark today.. 9 more days of only shakes, so last all shake day is next Thursday. (Added 2 extra to make up for the 2 days I had to eat at the weekend due to being out of protein etc - although seems I did pretty well in keeping those meals pretty clean and not gaining much in terms of water weight back).

To reach my target I need to lose 6lbs in the next 11 days, pretty tall order - so we'll see. Will keep my meal super lean the coming Sunday and stick to my 4 shakes on non-workout days / 5 shakes on workout days and see where we go.

Noticed a pretty big difference in clothes, changed by a notch in my belt and lots of clothes which had stopped fitting now fit again.
You wanna know what I love about you and your log? No bull****.

You had a goal, you formulated a plan and you just stuck to it. People make losing weight sound so difficult these days but they really just need to get a bit of goddam discipline.

Congrats on your weight loss so far and good luck losing those final few pounds!
Original post by mituozo
Broken through the 10lb lost mark today.. 9 more days of only shakes, so last all shake day is next Thursday. (Added 2 extra to make up for the 2 days I had to eat at the weekend due to being out of protein etc - although seems I did pretty well in keeping those meals pretty clean and not gaining much in terms of water weight back).

To reach my target I need to lose 6lbs in the next 11 days, pretty tall order - so we'll see. Will keep my meal super lean the coming Sunday and stick to my 4 shakes on non-workout days / 5 shakes on workout days and see where we go.

Noticed a pretty big difference in clothes, changed by a notch in my belt and lots of clothes which had stopped fitting now fit again.

Nice work bro :smile:
Reply 44
Original post by In One Ear
You wanna know what I love about you and your log? No bull****.

You had a goal, you formulated a plan and you just stuck to it. People make losing weight sound so difficult these days but they really just need to get a bit of goddam discipline.

Congrats on your weight loss so far and good luck losing those final few pounds!

Original post by areebmazhar
Nice work bro :smile:

Cheers guys!

185.2lbs this morning.
This is impressive, well done :biggrin:
Reply 46
Original post by cpdavis
This is impressive, well done :biggrin:

Thanks!

184.6lbs this morning, weight loss is starting to accelerate a bit. I think it's partially due to being completely carb depleted now. I'm feeling quite sluggish now during the day time, thankfully only a week left though! Looking forward to increasing the carbs a bit when I transition off of the diet. Alternative explanation for weightloss speeding up is that depleted glycogen means that body is using protein for energy, converting it to glucose, which is highly inefficient. Who knows.

Tempted to get one of those ketostix to confirm, but I worked out that on my non-workout days I'm getting about 20g of carbs, and on my workout days I'm getting 40g.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 47
185lbs today. Slight gain, I replaced a shake + peanut butter yesterday with a toasted cheese sandwich so probably gained a little water weight. Mainly wanted to get some carbs in quickly, see if that made me feel better. Today I feel a fair bit more alert, although had a better nights sleep too, so no idea if it was low carb or just lack of sleep making me feel like crap.

Gym session yesterday:

Squats: 45x5, 55x5, 62.5x5, 62.5x5
Press: 30x5, 35x5, 40x5 push press: 50x1, 60x1, 65x1, 70x1 (just wanted to see what I could do)
Deadlifts: 85x5, 105x5, 122.5x5, 140x5
Original post by mituozo
185lbs today. Slight gain, I replaced a shake + peanut butter yesterday with a toasted cheese sandwich so probably gained a little water weight. Mainly wanted to get some carbs in quickly, see if that made me feel better. Today I feel a fair bit more alert, although had a better nights sleep too, so no idea if it was low carb or just lack of sleep making me feel like crap.

Gym session yesterday:

Squats: 45x5, 55x5, 62.5x5, 62.5x5
Press: 30x5, 35x5, 40x5 push press: 50x1, 60x1, 65x1, 70x1 (just wanted to see what I could do)
Deadlifts: 85x5, 105x5, 122.5x5, 140x5

Weigh yourself less often :smile:
Reply 49
Original post by areebmazhar
Weigh yourself less often :smile:

Yeah I know I should, it doesn't bother me or my motivation when it does go up though, and I find it interesting.

This morning: 184.6lbs.
Reply 50
183lbs today, 0.4lbs off the 1 stone mark. Tomorrow is my last day of all shakes. Hopefully get a weigh in friday morning of sub 182.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 51
182.4lbs, last weigh in tomorrow morning.. Last day of shakes today. Just passed the 1 stone lost mark.
Reply 52
Right, so the "hard" part of the diet is now done, weighed in at 182lbs this morning, so 14.6lbs lost, just shy of 15lbs. About 0.5lbs lost per day, or 3.5lbs lost per week. Really solid. My prediction was 15-20lbs lost, was perhaps a little optimistic but hey.

Today I'm in London and going for lunch with a friend + a work dinner, so not having any shakes today, but will go to 2 a day + evening meal from tomorrow, which will run for 2 weeks. If I can do another 5lbs in these 2 weeks, that'd be great. After that I'm going back to normal food and a standard cut, where goal will be 2lbs a week lost until I go skiing on Mar 22nd. If I can meet both those goals, I'll be 169lbs when I go skiing, down from 196.6lbs at the start of the year.

When I get back from skiing I plan to go back into a cut, no idea if I'll gain weight out there or not. Final goal is somewhere around 12% bf which I hope to do by summer.
(edited 11 years ago)
Update?

Will be interesting to see how you transitioned from the shake diet!
Excellent dedication on the velocity diet, I am going to give this diet a try.
Nice dedication

Quick Reply

Latest