The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Haven’t received final acceptance form

Hi- I have a confirmed offer in UCAS from Durham as of July 28 but I haven’t received a final acceptance form yet? When I log into the Durham Banner student portal, it says the portal is closed until August 17! But the final acceptance form has to be completed within 7 days of receiving the offer. And I can’t get my CAS for my student visa until the acceptance form is filled out. Help!
Original post by Anonymous
Hi- I have a confirmed offer in UCAS from Durham as of July 28 but I haven’t received a final acceptance form yet? When I log into the Durham Banner student portal, it says the portal is closed until August 17! But the final acceptance form has to be completed within 7 days of receiving the offer. And I can’t get my CAS for my student visa until the acceptance form is filled out. Help!

I suggest you call the Admissions Enquiries Team on +44 (0)191 334 1000 (Monday to Friday from 9 am to 5 pm, UK time) and ask how to "complete our Final Acceptance Form on your Applicant Portal", given that you "need to do this within 7 days of receiving your confirmed decision" but that "Banner-Self Service Service for applicants is currently offline during the summer results processing period. It will be available again on Thursday 17 August 2023 from 8am."

You will not be the only student in this situation, but it's important to make contact and establish whether or not the Final Acceptance Form can wait until Banner Self Service returns, or whether there's an alternative way to complete the form. Once you establish what the situation is, you might want to politely suggest that they update the instructions on their web site, or add something relevant to their FAQs.
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Original post by Anonymous

Hi there

Yes, the portal is closed till 17th August due to the UCAS Embargo and it will resume functioning from 8 am on August 17th. You can still fill out the acceptance form then and your offer will stay in place, so don't worry :smile:

-Himieka
Reply 3
Thanks for the replies. I called the admissions department and they said they would make a notation in my file. However, they said I still cannot complete the form until after August 17. I told them my concern that I will not be able to receive my CAS until after this form is completed. I have a flight scheduled for September 20 and I am very concerned that I won’t be able to schedule an appointment for my student visa and get it back in time before my flight. They suggested I email the CAS department. However, there really seems like no sense of urgency anywhere for international students who are pressed for time to receive their student visa. I don’t understand why it took three weeks for them to process my exam results and now it’s going to take another three weeks at least for my CAS?!
Reply 4
I receive an email response that you don’t need to complete the acceptance form in order to have the CAS processed. (If so, This needs to be corrected on the information that is emailed out). So it’s just a wait for the CAS.

Quick Reply

Latest