The Student Room Group

CCEA Biology A2 module 1 2013

Hi! Would just like to know how everyone found it?
Reply 1
I totally mucked it up all the ecosystem stuff bores me and hate questions on it as i feel i repeat myself or waffle on lol I think i will retake it in June I need to bring my mark up 6 from 86 to 92 min to get may A overall for bio
Reply 2
Yeah, the questions were really weird and there was far too much ecology on it which I hate! Everyone Ive talked to seems to think it was a very difficult paper.
Yeah the paper was quite ecology based which everyone I have talked to found difficult. There was a few nicer question like the first one and the one on ultrafiltration.
Reply 4
What did everyone write for what was labelled in the eye question? I wrote the layer was the choroid and the black circles were mitochondria? No idea if that's right though.
Reply 5
Original post by condor789
What did everyone write for what was labelled in the eye question? I wrote the layer was the choroid and the black circles were mitochondria? No idea if that's right though.

Here is image from web only our photo was upside down
Reply 6
Original post by mcol2010
Here is image from web only our photo was upside down

Does that mean I was right? :s-smilie:
Reply 7
im not sure i lol i put the names as per the image i.e. X was choroid and layers mark Y as nuclear layers
Really hated this paper. Some nice questions but mostly ecology nonsense and even some of the physiology was weird.

I think the layer of black circles were the nuclei/cell bodies. I put down mitochondria but I don't think it was right.

The question on hedges was horrific.
Reply 9
The first part of that eye question was horrible ! I debated between nuclei and mitochondria for Y but went with nuclei because I didn't think bipolar cells had need for mitochondria.

Simpson's index ? Hah, silly CCEA, I forgot everything about Unit 2 when I left the exam hall last summer :')
Reply 10
i hate ccea :angry:
Original post by awilson008
Really hated this paper. Some nice questions but mostly ecology nonsense and even some of the physiology was weird.

I think the layer of black circles were the nuclei/cell bodies. I put down mitochondria but I don't think it was right.

The question on hedges was horrific.

i put cell body of bipolar cells, hope thats right!
there was a question on hedges? :O
Original post by redhead:)
i put cell body of bipolar cells, hope thats right!
there was a question on hedges? :O

the question was on species richness of a hedge in fermanagh compared to one in armagh or something

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending