The Student Room Group

AS -> A2

Hey,
I'm on the CCEA board, and I was wondering if getting a B at AS could hinder my chances at getting an A* at A2?

Just for context, I was predicted an A in AS History, and did achieve an A in paper 2, however was astronomically f*cked by Paper 1 in which I got a B. This brought the overall grade down to a B, 3 UMS marks away from an A.
My teachers have let me know that getting an A is highly possible due to the fact that I am 'basically' already on an A because of how close I am on the grade boundaries. Therefore, I've decided not to resit AS1, and to just
focus on my A2 exams instead. In order to get an A*, CCEA state that the candidate must have an A overall, while also achieving 90%+ total UMS in both A2 papers. So does this mean that my chances of getting an A* are still likely,
as long as I put the work in to get there?

I know that I basically already have the answer already, I just need a second opinion.
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:
Hiya
I’d say u have good chances of getting a A but maby not a A star but if u study rlly hard u never know but its def abut balance
Good luck btw i was a CCEA person and its rough haha
Take care
Reply 3
Original post by ebyrne2036
Hiya
I’d say u have good chances of getting a A but maby not a A star but if u study rlly hard u never know but its def abut balance
Good luck btw i was a CCEA person and its rough haha
Take care

i mean it definitely is possible to get an A* if i get 90%+ in both papers haha but that would require a miracle..

thanks for the response

Quick Reply

Latest