The Student Room Group

How A level final grades are calculated

I'm curious to know if an A in one module for A level Physics and a C in another could potentially equate to a B?
It is possible, but it depend mainly on the total number of UMS marks.
Original post by Loreleicoyle
I'm curious to know if an A in one module for A level Physics and a C in another could potentially equate to a B?

what kind of a levels do you do? i do physics and i've just got 3 final exams what do you mean by modules?
Original post by user8937264980
what kind of a levels do you do? i do physics and i've just got 3 final exams what do you mean by modules?

I think this person does IAL Edexcel. I've heard its modular.
Reply 4
I do A levels under the exam board CCEA. We have three modules this year for physics.
Original post by user8937264980

By modules I mean three separate exams on different topics on the specification that will equate to my final grade combined with my AS grade.
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 5
Original post by Loreleicoyle

Heya!
It is possible but as stated above it depends on the total number of UMS marks :h: You might want to double-check with your teacher, they should help you out with it!

I hope this helps!
Milena
UCL PFE
Study Mind
Reply 6
Thank you so much!
I checked with them and they told me it is very possible, so that's good news.
Original post by StudyMind
Heya!
It is possible but as stated above it depends on the total number of UMS marks :h: You might want to double-check with your teacher, they should help you out with it!

I hope this helps!
Milena
UCL PFE
Study Mind

Quick Reply

Latest