The Student Room Group

Mr M's OCR (not OCR MEI) Core 1 answers Jan 2013

Scroll to see replies

Original post by kiraeil
Hi, does anyone know what the final question actually was? Can't remember what I put for my actual answer so want to do the question again to see if I got the same answer. Thanks :smile:

I think it was 1/3x^3 + 9/x
Original post by Farringtonn
For 3ii would reflection parallel to the x axis get any marks?

1 mark.
I only got (3,12) for the last question, I forgot to put (-3,-12) as well :frown: how many marks would I lose for that?
Original post by kiraeil
Hi, does anyone know what the final question actually was? Can't remember what I put for my actual answer so want to do the question again to see if I got the same answer. Thanks :smile:

10. Find the coordinates of the points on the curve y=13x3+9xy=\frac{1}{3}x^3+\frac{9}{x} at which the tangent is parallel to the line y= 8x + 3.
(edited 11 years ago)
Hey Mr M, I know you'll answer this evening, but I'll ask now since I'll be revising for my other exams. For the last question, I found the x=3 but I put that in to the y=8x - something equation so I did not get the same y-values like you, how many marks do you think I dropped? 2 or 3?
Original post by tahseen1995
I have it, if I upload it here do you think you can put up answers?

I'm working all day. If no-one else has done it by this evening, private message me and I will.
Original post by m00c0w
Got everything right apart from the last question. I got both of the x values right, but unfortunately I subbed the x values into the wrong equation so I got (3,27) and (-3, -21) which I know is wrong. Will I lose one or two marks for this out of interest?

Probably lose 2. One for method, one for accuracy.
Mr M do u have the actually paper? could you upload it please
Original post by Themiddleone
Hey Mr M, I know you'll answer this evening, but I'll ask now since I'll be revising for my other exams. For the last question, I found the x=3 but I put that in to the y=8x - something equation so I did not get the same y-values like you, how many marks do you think I dropped? 2 or 3?

2 I expect. Certainly no more than that.
Original post by nigerianTank
Mr M do u have the actually paper? could you upload it please

It's not my property to upload under copyright law - sorry!
Original post by Farringtonn
For 3ii would reflection parallel to the x axis get any marks?

1 mark.
Ok np, could you upload q 4 and 5 ii
what was the question for 9)iii) again?

don't need it anymore. ignore this.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 33
"Find the coordinates of the points on the curve at which the tangent is parallel to the line y= 8x + 3" i thought it was 1/3 x cubed not x2??
Can anyone upload the paper please?
Reply 35
Original post by Mr M
10. Find the coordinates of the points on the curve y=13x2+9xy=\frac{1}{3}x^2+\frac{9}{x} at which the tangent is parallel to the line y= 8x + 3.

But i thought the question was 1/3 x cubed not 1/3 x squared?? sorry im getting panicked!
Original post by Mr M
10. Find the coordinates of the points on the curve y=13x2+9xy=\frac{1}{3}x^2+\frac{9}{x} at which the tangent is parallel to the line y= 8x + 3.

How would you actually solve that?
Original post by kiraeil
"Find the coordinates of the points on the curve at which the tangent is parallel to the line y= 8x + 3" i thought it was 1/3 x cubed not x2??

Yes it is sorry. Will correct the typo.
Reply 38
Original post by Mr M
Yes it is sorry. Will correct the typo.

No problem. phew got it right! thanks so much for putting it up. so helpful!
Reply 39
Original post by gemma1096
I think it was 1/3x^3 + 9/x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending