The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
monki
erm do you have to have a DSA assessment for special arrangments to be put in place if you dont want to take up the funding?

No, but it is advisable as it adds weight to any arrangements you wish to have put in place. It also provides funding to the university for any support they offer you.
Reply 181
I'm on the waiting list for an Occupational Therapy referal :smile:
Juno
I'm on the waiting list for an Occupational Therapy referal :smile:

Oh right.. why for?
Ethereal, I think this is a great idea!!
pleezhelpme
Ethereal, I think this is a great idea!!

Wanna join?
Reply 185
How is everyone going? Hopefully we'll start getting some questions to answer now it's getting towards results day :p:
Did you have to remind us? :rolleyes:
Hehe as if you'd forgotten. I would actually pay someone to give me my results now.
Ella_belle
Hehe as if you'd forgotten. I would actually pay someone to give me my results now.

My life is ridiculous right now. I'm in Ireland and I'm going to be in Scotland after that until like the 12th.. so I'm so ridiculously busy at the moment I really haven't given it much thought at all. I'm far more stressed about trying to find a fulltime job for this year! lol :rolleyes:
Can anyone tell me if I have to send my educational psyco's report on me with my DSA application (DSA1 form) or do I wait until they contact me for the details of my disablities?
Reply 190
a_musical_gal
Can anyone tell me if I have to send my educational psyco's report on me with my DSA application (DSA1 form) or do I wait until they contact me for the details of my disablities?

Send a photocopy of it to be on the safe side. Have you sent a copy to your uni too?
Reply 191
Being disabled does have some advantages. I went to Alton Towers and didn't have to queue!
Juno
Being disabled does have some advantages. I went to Alton Towers and didn't have to queue!

LOL! This is true! :biggrin:
Ethereal
Send a photocopy of it to be on the safe side. Have you sent a copy to your uni too?

Not yet. (I think the Dyslexia unit at Uni said they'd pass it on since their buildings are next door to each other)

I don't want to be the one to tell my photocopier it has to do 2x34 pages.
Reply 194
a_musical_gal
Not yet. (I think the Dyslexia unit at Uni said they'd pass it on since their buildings are next door to each other)

I don't want to be the one to tell my photocopier it has to do 2x34 pages.

fair enough. you could always wait til you go to uni and get disability services to photocopy it :p:
Reply 195
Ok, so how many of you think pushing for our own subforum is a good idea?
Definitely a good idea. More people would probably join if there was a subforum.
Reply 197
Thing is, we need to make the society a bit bigger and far more active to give us some leverage. The mods don't want a hardly used subforum.
Its a great idea, but yes; we have to be realistic about it. If its not going to get much use, then it would be more of a maintenence pain for you as well as the mods, Ethereal, in the long run!
Reply 199
Hi, i was hoping i could join this society. I suffer from mental illness -
Bipolar (depression/mania), anxiety disorder, and more depression. Its crap, but its life. I have never really thought of myself as having a disability because i'm not physically disabled but there are alot of physical symptoms that result from my illnesses ( the side effects of medication aint to nice either).

I'm glad that i found information here that i could get support at university because i think i'm going to need it.

My main concern is that I'll have no idea how i'll cope with studying alongside having Bipolar and i'm extreamly afraid of slipping into a manic episode at university. I'll probably end up embarrassing myself in some way and then i never want to face anyone who saw me.
But i think with support from school and healthcare services, it shouldnt be too bad.

I hope everyone here is doing well in there studies and lives.

Thanx Ethereal for seting up this society and letting me know about it.

If anyone wants to talk about anything, you can pm me if you like.

Thanx xx

ps, i dont start university untill sept 07 but i know that there are alot of socities you can join. I was wondering do you think there are any for those who suffer from disability or mental health. I just think it would be nice to get to know more students who suffer with similiar problems and help each other out, but i know that not everyone like people to know of their illness (mental) because of all the stigma attatched to it.

(sorry for the long post)

Latest