The Student Room Group
The University of Gloucestershire
University of Gloucestershire
Cheltenham
Visit website

Student support at Gloucestershire?

I'm a mature student (22) with autism. I've received an offer from Gloucestershire for Conservation (among others). Now I'm stuck between them! There are pros and cons to both of my options, more or less evenly stacked, and unfortunately I won't be able to visit them again before starting in September due to work.

I'd love to hear people's opinions and experiences! Both the course itself, student life, and what the support is like (especially for someone with autism/support needs).
(edited 3 months ago)
Original post by evevevevev
I'm a mature student (22) with autism. I've received an offer from Gloucestershire for Conservation (among others). Now I'm stuck between them! There are pros and cons to both of my options, more or less evenly stacked, and unfortunately I won't be able to visit them again before starting in September due to work.

I'd love to hear people's opinions and experiences! Both the course itself, student life, and what the support is like (especially for someone with autism/support needs).

Hi @evevevevev,

Congratulations on your offer!

Firstly, from my experience, student life is fantastic and there's something to suit everyone. The Students' Union makes sure that alongside the usual sports clubs and societies, there's more relaxed events such as dog walking, quiz nights and quiet lunches that give students the opportunity to make friends with likeminded people.

In terms of support, there's plenty available that is tailored to each student. I've always found the Helpzones on campus really useful with a range of different queries that I've had. You can read more about student support here: https://www.glos.ac.uk/student-support/

There's also a useful page with info for students who may have additional needs: https://www.glos.ac.uk/student-support/disability-and-dyslexia/

I hope this helps, but if you have anymore specific questions please ask!

Mara
UoG rep🙂
The University of Gloucestershire
University of Gloucestershire
Cheltenham
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending