The Student Room Group

Christmas Plans

Hey all,

It's coming up to the Christmas break for uni students and I was wondering how you are all going to spend the holidays!

I say 'break' loosely, though. Assignments, coursework, dissertations and catching up on general work can make us feel as though we have no break at all!

Let us know below. You can always comment how the first term has gone as well!

I hope everyone who celebrates has a lovely Christmas! :smile:

Estelle
Graduate Advocate
Original post by Liverpool Hope University
Hey all,

It's coming up to the Christmas break for uni students and I was wondering how you are all going to spend the holidays!

I say 'break' loosely, though. Assignments, coursework, dissertations and catching up on general work can make us feel as though we have no break at all!

Estelle
Graduate Advocate

Hi Estelle! @Liverpool Hope University

I'm heading home for the holidays - super exciting!!

Though I'll be spending my 'time off' searching for a work placement! And eating lots of Christmas goodies of course!

Would love to hear what everyone else is getting up to!

Emily 🙂
Student Rep at BCU
Original post by Liverpool Hope University
Hey all,

Estelle
Graduate Advocate

Hiya!

I love the Christmas holidays, and everything being incredibly festive - I am especially loving the recent Christmas themed posts on the platform!

I am quite local to Leicester where De Montfort is based so I will be going home for the holidays.

I’ll be spending my time off having some festive fun but also working hard a happy medium. I have made plans to see my friends and family whilst they and myself are home prioritising my mental health and having a break also.

Whilst I am home, I will also be working at my part time job working at an amazing company who work with children and young adults with disabilities / learning disabilities this is an incredible, rewarding and flexible job for students where I can also earn money and gain valuable experiences.

University wise I will be working on my essay for Health and well-being in Society as it is due early January. As of this I have already started researching about the topic for my essay and started my further reading as I don’t want to leave this 'till the Christmas break. This would be my advise to everyone try and be organised and have time management skills especially if you have assignments due after the holiday break - no one wants to be overwhelmed and have rushed assignments etc.

Hope those who celebrate have a lovely Christmas and try and find some time in the holidays to relax and have a break
Maddie, second year Health and well-being student at De Montfort University
(edited 4 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest