The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Hey, not been online in ages but i need to ask you guys something coz i'm in a REAL crisis... OK, the question it boils down too is am I being to fussy saying I only want guys washing my armpits in the morning??

I have morning and evening shifts and the evenings are unisex but i originally specified males only for AM. But no blokes are interested :frown: I mean they won't see my MASSIVE cock :biggrin: or anything, but not meaning to be graphical but i'm a single bloke, there will always be a chance they might see 'unclean' boxers in a way only men can understand.
Reply 381
I should think you have the right to ask for a male person if that's what you want. Tell them you're not comfortable being dealt with by a woman in the morning.
Ethereal
I should think you have the right to ask for a male person if that's what you want. Tell them you're not comfortable being dealt with by a woman in the morning.
Yes, but no men have applied for the job:frown: ATM we're using an agency which is causing my parents to almost live on the streets...... My direct payments give £6.60 an hour, the agency charge £14
Find another agency? I'm sorry. It must be very frustrating. Which county do you live in btw?
Hampshire appears to be pretty good for this sort of thing.
Craghyrax
Find another agency? I'm sorry. It must be very frustrating. Which county do you live in btw?
Wales....... Well, I'm studying at Cardiff. The thing is I don't want to be using the agency, I've put ads up everywhere and had a fair few responces but no blokes who want to do the morning:s-smilie: And the agency worker I have now is driving me mad the kinda bloke that doesnt insist he's right but keeps putting his POV accross until you give up, he tried telling me that the rate i employ at, £6.60, is too low :mad::mad::mad::mad: Yeh, whats the ****in' point of saying that, not like i can magic up extra money!?

Sorry, i'm just a tad pissed off :redface:
No problem. It sounds frustrating. I'd try to find another agency. But I imagine you've already thought through all the options.

Reply 386
You could always advertise at the jobcentre
Ethereal
You could always advertise at the jobcentre
lol, you think I haven't tried that :frown:

Just spent a great half-hour explaining to my agency worker before he did my shopping what bacon is :rolleyes:
Reply 388
Eccentric Man
lol, you think I haven't tried that :frown:

Just spent a great half-hour explaining to my agency worker before he did my shopping what bacon is :rolleyes:

Where the **** is he from?
Ethereal
Where the **** is he from?
Not sure, but some Muslim country, I think. But even if he is Muslim you'd expect him to know what Bacon was :confused::confused: Which is even more puzzling after Monday morning when he was insistant he had to cook "Two bacons" after I asked for two bagels:confused::confused: But anyway, its all ok now, he's going to ask the manager what bacon is!!!

It's been a **** week, roll on tuesday, my birthday! :biggrin:
Reply 390
How on earth does someone live in Britain and not know what bacon is? I know full English breakfasts aren't so common these days, but that's like getting confused when someone wants a cup of tea!
Eccentric Man
Not sure, but some Muslim country, I think. But even if he is Muslim you'd expect him to know what Bacon was

Lol.. well if he's hindu, then its probably against his religion :biggrin:
Eccentric Man

It's been a **** week, roll on tuesday, my birthday! :biggrin:

Well.. happy future birthday :p:
And under the instructions of 'Good quality *stressed* jam' he bought me ROBERTSON'S SEEDLESS.

I got fed up, so I binned it and got some nice looking Organic Rasberry stuff for only about 5p dearer. He told me the store manager told him ROBERTSON'S was good quality and, maybe against my better judgement, I told him (in slightly softer words) that the manager was taking the piss
Just out of interest, has anybody here had any kind of experience where some aspect of their disability (or indeed the disability itself) improved to the extent that they aren't affected by it anymore, and can be considered 'normal' in that area? (referring to neurological conditions)
Apparently my dyslexia has "improoved", my writing speed has increased, which is inevitable when you write endless notes in A-level classes.
My dyslexia in the eyes of my college has improoved, to the point where they are skeptical to give me help.
I'm slightly sceptical of this, seeing as they have just changed their test they use, and in the words of the [untrained] person who was testing me "Well your writing speed has undoubtedly improoved, however your short term memory is still very poor and below average, and your comprehension is still low, but they seemed to have weighed eachother out..."

Great. So basically "Yes Beth you do have problems, but because you cope with some things, we see it that you should be able to cope with the problems you have, as we have ran out of money to fund you."

Not like I'm bitter or anything...
stormzstarrz
Apparently my dyslexia has "improoved", my writing speed has increased, which is inevitable when you write endless notes in A-level classes.
My dyslexia in the eyes of my college has improoved, to the point where they are skeptical to give me help.
I'm slightly sceptical of this, seeing as they have just changed their test they use, and in the words of the [untrained] person who was testing me "Well your writing speed has undoubtedly improoved, however your short term memory is still very poor and below average, and your comprehension is still low, but they seemed to have weighed eachother out..."

Great. So basically "Yes Beth you do have problems, but because you cope with some things, we see it that you should be able to cope with the problems you have, as we have ran out of money to fund you."

Not like I'm bitter or anything...

Yeh.. precisely. I mean, can you 'lose' a disability? :confused: Its fairly black and white. Either you have it, or you don't. If you do, you merit support! You can't 'sort of' have one...:s-smilie:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 397
You need to inform your halls and ask them to either provide you with something that vibrates or flashes or both. I can't see why they would have to put you in a seperate building. As far as I know universities don't have a "disabled encampment".

Consider applyign for disabled students allowance to see if there is anything they can do.
Reply 398
Rant

Ok, so I sit my exams in a seperate room because I have to in case I have a seizure. The idea is that I don't disturb other people if I have a seizure, and also that if it does happen so I can receive prompt medical attention.

At the moment I'm sitting mocks, which fair enough aren't real exams but that's not really the issue, and I'm not being invigilated. I sat an exam a couple of weeks back where I was locked in a room by myself for 2 1/2 hours and checked on 3 times. I raised this with my personal supervisor and told her I am not comfortable sitting exams without supervision. She said she would pass this on to the exams office.

Today, I turned up for another mock and lo and behold no invigilator. Again. I had to sit in a room by myself again. I'm slightly pissed off just now! :mad:

/rant
Meh.. that sucks!

Latest