The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

To be fair; its depends what sort of feminist. Its mainly the ones that allow it to affect their attitudes, and become biased and narrowmindedness.

Look at me talk : I don't know that many :rolleyes:
I don't mind the ones who argue for equality of the sexes so much, although they can sometimes let it permeate every aspect of...well everything! There seem to be whole chunks of arts/humanities dedicated to "feminist philosophy" or "feminist history" or "feminist literature" or whatever. But it's the people who claim that women are somehow better than men...weird twisted logic! :mad:
I think even the equality issue is a bit silly. When a society gets to the place where a woman is made to feel inferior because she genuinely wants to have kids and be a housewife, that's just sad and twisted.
True...methinks there will be a backlash soon. Watch how we all graduate, get a job and then decide we'd rather embrace a life of bread baking and child chauffering...could be fun!
Lol I know. Society progresses in pendulum swings. And yeh.. it may happen to me :dontknow:

I like baking :smile:
Hi ya all i am back
Do not know where the time has gone, been finishing my Access to HE course. It has been worth it as i have exceeded my pass required and i am off to Northampton University in September to study Occupational Therapy.
Just have my medical and DSA assesment on the 30th July to clear and i am on the home run. Hope you are all well, take care all.
astonrabbit
Hi ya all i am back
Do not know where the time has gone, been finishing my Access to HE course. It has been worth it as i have exceeded my pass required and i am off to Northampton University in September to study Occupational Therapy.
Just have my medical and DSA assesment on the 30th July to clear and i am on the home run. Hope you are all well, take care all.

That's good. Well done :smile:
Got my assessment done yesterday. They recommended a laptop (i can subsidise it to upgrade to a mac :biggrin:), printer, ergonomic stand, a digital dictaphone, £200 book allowance a year (yuuum), £100 paper/ink a year, mentoring. KotN is a happy bunny :biggrin: . Happy enough to use an awful expression like that!
I'm just wondering this but how much does a dictophone cost, is it worth it for someone with poor concentration, where would I get one from?
AverageGuyOnTheStreet
I'm just wondering this but how much does a dictophone cost, is it worth it for someone with poor concentration, where would I get one from?

About £200. You'd get it by applying for DSA and going for a Needs Assessment. Otherwise, try the internet.
KingoftheNazgul
Got my assessment done yesterday. They recommended a laptop (i can subsidise it to upgrade to a mac :biggrin:), printer, ergonomic stand, a digital dictaphone, £200 book allowance a year (yuuum), £100 paper/ink a year, mentoring. KotN is a happy bunny :biggrin: . Happy enough to use an awful expression like that!

Yeh I had mine about a week or two ago. Sounds like we got the same: laptop, dictaphone, book allowance, mentoring and in my case the option to write exams in isolation.
Almost makes you glad you're disabled :biggrin: !
Craghyrax
About £200. You'd get it by applying for DSA and going for a Needs Assessment. Otherwise, try the internet.

I bought one for £30 from Maplins, and that was a digital one. I think they tend to range between £20 and £70, though you could probably get more expensive ones. :smile:
FadeToBlackout
I bought one for £30 from Maplins, and that was a digital one. I think they tend to range between £20 and £70, though you could probably get more expensive ones. :smile:

Whoops. Not sure why they decided to give me such an expensive one for DSAs then.. :hmmmm:
KingoftheNazgul
Almost makes you glad you're disabled :biggrin: !

Er... not quite ;no;
Reply 595
Hi, I'm new to this thread. I'm another Aspie and can't imagine what it must be like for all those poor neurotypicals out there. :wink:

I'm a bit of a Physics and Maths geek (with a particular interest in particle physics).....and my other "area of special interest" is the Final Fantasy PS game. I can bore for England once I get started on that..according to my long suffering mum, but it's all fascinating as far as I'm concerned.:p:

I'm anxiously waiting for my AS results as I'm hoping to go to Oxford (fingers crossed) or Birmingham to read Physics next year.

It's good to find a thread like this as I can chat about how others have found the uni experience and it will help my through the pitfalls of the DSA assessment when the time comes.

I have to say that I find KingoftheNazgul's comment interesting.....I find it hard imagine not being an Aspie (find it hard to imagine anything outside of my experience because I'm an Aspie :wink:) but I certainly think my life would be less complicated if I wasn't. I'm ok if I'm with people who know and understand my odd ways but unfamiliar people often think I'm being deliberately rude and take offence and then I get very anxious and stressed. I don't like new and unfamiliar situations, or having things presented to me a certain way (esp. food), that gets me stressed too.

But what the heck...I can console myself with the fact that I might get a free laptop out of it, so it's definitely been worth all the misery and heartache and the years of bullying. As Kingof theNazgul says it makes me glad being disabled!!

:hmmm:
Hi Im new too and i have join this as well. Im glad that im not only one hehe.
By the way, im deaf and study BA Theatre Arts Education and Deaf Studies at Reading Uni(final year on this time)! How are you everyone? :smile:

Peace!
Sarah:wink:
Welcome everybody :smile:
JaxT
I have to say that I find KingoftheNazgul's comment interesting.....I find it hard imagine not being an Aspie (find it hard to imagine anything outside of my experience because I'm an Aspie :wink:) but I certainly think my life would be less complicated if I wasn't.

Yep, that sums it up for me.
Reply 599
Craghyrax
Yep, that sums it up for me.

I'm in the unusual position of experiencing life completely free of my problem followed by life being drastically affected. It literally came on over a 30 min period. I would say life is probably more complicated in someways butin others it is far simpler so it evens out.

Latest