The Student Room Group

Olympos

Scroll to see replies

What are your life time PRs for the lifts btw?
Reply 81
Original post by Jtking3000
What are your life time PRs for the lifts btw?

Goals? If so - 318 kg deadlift, 227 kg bench press, 273 kg squat, 136 kg strict press.
Those goals are with the idea that I'll remain under 90 kg.
Original post by Thiseas
Goals? If so - 318 kg deadlift, 227 kg bench press, 273 kg squat, 136 kg strict press.
Those goals are with the idea that I'll remain under 90 kg.

I meant as in 'what is the most you have lifted before?'. You said that you sporadically took time off from training so I was wondering how strong you were in the past.
Reply 83
I meant as in 'what is the most you have lifted before?'. You said that you sporadically took time off from training so I was wondering how strong you were in the past.

These are my stats at 15 years old:
Weight: 79 kg
Bench Press: 155 kg
Deadlift: 170 kg
Squat: 186 kg

Messed up ratio, I know. I actually had grip problems back then, so maybe I could have had a bigger deadlift.

Here are two pictures from back then: (I was XL, wearing XXL)
jean-back-2009-1.jpgjean-back-2009-2.jpg
Original post by Thiseas
These are my stats at 15 years old:
Weight: 79 kg
Bench Press: 155 kg
Deadlift: 170 kg
Squat: 186 kg

Messed up ratio, I know. I actually had grip problems back then, so maybe I could have had a bigger deadlift.

Here are two pictures from back then: (I was XL, wearing XXL)
jean-back-2009-1.jpgjean-back-2009-2.jpg

lol yeah those are weird ratios. Pretty exemplary performance for a 15 year old though!

Awesome back too. Good erectors and lats.
Reply 85
lol yeah those are weird ratios. Pretty exemplary performance for a 15 year old though!

Awesome back too. Good erectors and lats.

It feels kinda weird, that 4 years later my stats are similar (or lower in some cases). I'm lighter and I "just got back", so it doesn't bother me too much. At the rate I'm improving, there's nothing to complain about.

On another note: I'm going to have to buy a new bar, as my current bar has lost its knurling and is too smooth (no grip). I believe this has affected my deadlifts, as some of the sets of my last deads were with a "finger grip". I had to explode every rep so that the bar didn't slide off.
That's insane at 15, especially a 155kg bench and 186kg squat.

How long had you been lifting? When did you start.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 87
Joocy back, san.
Would rub oil into.
N-no homo.
Reply 88
Original post by silent ninja
That's insane at 15, especially a 155kg bench and 186kg squat.

How long had you been lifting? When did you start.

I started that same year, though I was only at it for around 3 or 4 months. I responded really well to Sheiko, even though I was a beginner.
After that, many things have happened and I've been on and off training. This time I don't plan on stopping.

Original post by danadd9
Joocy back, san.
Would rub oil into.
N-no homo.

Hah.
Damn you're huge, awesome back!
Reply 90
Which Sheiko did you run?
29?
Reply 91
Original post by areebmazhar
Damn you're huge, awesome back!

Thanks, bro.

Original post by danadd9
Which Sheiko did you run?
29?

29 and 37. I handled both well, but I found I got better gains with 29. The workouts lasted well over 2 hours, sometimes 3 when the gym was packed. They gassed me out hardcore, but it was very well worth it. You definitely need an overload of carbs as if on a massive bulk to reap benefits. As you saw in the pictures, my body handled the carbs well.
Original post by Thiseas
Thanks, bro.

29 and 37. I handled both well, but I found I got better gains with 29. The workouts lasted well over 2 hours, sometimes 3 when the gym was packed. They gassed me out hardcore, but it was very well worth it. You definitely need an overload of carbs as if on a massive bulk to reap benefits. As you saw in the pictures, my body handled the carbs well.

Wait, you had those stats and that back at 15YO after only 3-4 months lifting??? WTF:confused:
How old are you now? That's some crazy **** lol. Did you train for a certain sport back then, or just do the main lifts?

Whilst doing a flashback back to year 10 (15 yrs old), I can't begin to picture someone that strong. I knew a strong guy, be he was only strong because everyone else @ that age was weak as. :biggrin:
Reply 94
Original post by TooEasy123
How old are you now? That's some crazy **** lol. Did you train for a certain sport back then, or just do the main lifts?

Whilst doing a flashback back to year 10 (15 yrs old), I can't begin to picture someone that strong. I knew a strong guy, be he was only strong because everyone else @ that age was weak as. :biggrin:

I'm 19. Sheiko programs are basically the main lifts and some very limited supplementary work.
You sound like you have a talent for strength. Naturally strong, good genetics coupled with training has given you pretty outstanding results.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 96
Original post by silent ninja
You sound like you have a talent for strength. Naturally strong, good genetics coupled with training has given you pretty outstanding results.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks, that's what I'd like to believe.

This week will be my "closing week" before taking a 2 week break due to traveling. I'm hoping those two weeks will do me good, and I'll be testing maxes once I go back home.
I'm not expecting huge PR's (possibly 7-10 kg), due to the amount of "experimenting" done during this routine and due to the fact that I need a new bar.
This experimenting period has provided me with great information that will certainly help in making huge improvements in the next routine. I believe I've found the missing link in my deadlift development, and so I'm expecting huge improvements once I incorporate these new things.
Reply 97
Tried deadlifting with some tape on the bar today (to fix the smoothness issue) and it actually worked. The tape messed my hands pretty good, but the pulls were awesome. I was able to do 166 kg 6x5 and it felt like flying. I might not buy a new bar after all. I'll think about it after my travels.
The squats were extremely explosive (130 kg 5x6), so much that in one of the reps it went up an inch or two up in the air. It surprised me. Haha.
It looks like growling and sounding like a beast actually works. Hah. Tried it on my "heavy" sets today and like I said, they were surprisingly easy.
Reply 98
Here's a video from today's workout.
[video="youtube;tKD-3Ga5v0E"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKD-3Ga5v0E[/video]
your home gym looks like a really nice set-up, also good squats.

Quick Reply

Latest