The Student Room Group

Study in Sweden!

Hi everybody, its my first time on a forum like this so please forgive any silly little mistakes i might make :smile:. I'm from Greece and I've decided that i would like to study abroad, in Sweden. Im currently attending my last year of high school ( "Geniko Eniaio Lykeio" its called here) ,trying to collect the appropriate information and documents and get ready for Sweden. My main concern is that i do not know how to speak Swedish yet.I was wondering if there was some kind of program or course where i could learn Swedish at a fast pace and THEN attend my course of choice ( which is mathematics)?
Might i add that i was thinking of Lund University! Thank you very much for your time, any little help is greatly appreciated!
Hello Penoglaki,

Considering you question from another angle:
Sweden, like the Netherlands and a number of countries is Europe is expanding the number of degrees taught in English. Therefore it may not be necessary to learn the local language to study at that University in Sweden. Of course there will be language schools available in the country where you can learn the local language.

For example I am learning Dutch at a local language school (there are also free lessons available in my city in the Netherlands too) but my university course is in English.
Reply 2
Hey British student abroad ( i couldnt find your name :P)

Although i know that there are courses given in English,my frame of mind was that since I will spend a few years ( if not more in case i love the country :biggrin:)
in Sweden, why not study in the local language? Regardless I would like to thank you from the bottom of my heart for you kind advice and reply!
I am due to go to Lund in August, and they have one of the highest levels of english speaking people, and a large majority of courses are taught in English. I will be studying Economics there and will take up Swedish Language courses when I am there. I wouldnt worry too much about the language as everyone speaks english anyway.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending