The Student Room Group

Double degree in psychology and criminology?

Hello! I’m going to university next year and I’ve started to look around and I’m really interested on studying in the UK, I want to study a double degree in both psychology and criminology, and I’ve found some great options but I’ve noticed that it usually only last 3 years?? Which is weird since it would take me 6 years here in Sweden (and I’ve check Spain as well as an option and it has also a 6 years duration) so I was wondering if in case I choose UK to go to university, would be the degree worth the same as one studied in Sweden or Spain? Or the value is different? I’m really confused, I really don’t want to choose the wrong option and end up with a incomplete certificate.
Original post by ChloeRS2003
Hello! I’m going to university next year and I’ve started to look around and I’m really interested on studying in the UK, I want to study a double degree in both psychology and criminology, and I’ve found some great options but I’ve noticed that it usually only last 3 years?? Which is weird since it would take me 6 years here in Sweden (and I’ve check Spain as well as an option and it has also a 6 years duration) so I was wondering if in case I choose UK to go to university, would be the degree worth the same as one studied in Sweden or Spain? Or the value is different? I’m really confused, I really don’t want to choose the wrong option and end up with a incomplete certificate.
I assume you mean a Joint degree, as in the UK this is fairly standard fare and not the same as a double degree. It does not mean you are doing 2 degrees but simply a bit of both and your degree qualification will be complete at the 3 years time and you will come up with something like BSc Psychology and Criminology, not a separate degree in each. Not a clue about abroad ref 6 year degrees in both, sounds like a waste of 3 years but maybe i am missing a key benefit.

Greg
Reply 2
Original post by greg tony
I assume you mean a Joint degree, as in the UK this is fairly standard fare and not the same as a double degree. It does not mean you are doing 2 degrees but simply a bit of both and your degree qualification will be complete at the 3 years time and you will come up with something like BSc Psychology and Criminology, not a separate degree in each. Not a clue about abroad ref 6 year degrees in both, sounds like a waste of 3 years but maybe i am missing a key benefit.
Greg
Does UK have actual double degrees where you finish having both in a complete matter? If so what’s it called :smile: Thanks for your answer either way!
Reply 3
Original post by ChloeRS2003
Does UK have actual double degrees where you finish having both in a complete matter? If so what’s it called :smile: Thanks for your answer either way!

No the UK doesn't do double degrees. If you wanted 2 degrees you would have to do them consecutively in the UK. The alternative is to do a BSc in Psychology then an MSc in Criminology to achieve 2 distinct qualifications.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending