The Student Room Group

Public place to study, London, weekends after 5pm

Hi

I am looking for quiet places to study in London which are open after 5pm on weekends.

All libraries I know close at 5pm.

:smile: I'd greatly appreciate any advice
My house.
Reply 2
Why can't you study at home? :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Hippysnake
My house.

You're house is a public place? WOOO PARTY :biggrin:
Reply 4
no pffence but ive seen white people literally studying in starbucks and costa. Like how could you deal with such great noise?
Reply 5
Original post by patterson
no pffence but ive seen white people literally studying in starbucks and costa. Like how could you deal with such great noise?

Really, is there any need to specify "white people"?
Reply 6
Original post by Hippysnake
My house.

Haha, thank you for the offer.

Original post by Hummi_C
Why can't you study at home? :smile:

I am getting more done when I am in a library, I lack a bit of discipline I guess...

I've been going to pret, but yes I agree it is too loud... if you know of a quiet coffee place let me know.
Reply 7
Also, I am from abroad.. I don't know yet many places in London.
Any suggestions are appreciated.
Reply 8

lol white people. You know in Japan (or at least in the Starbucks near my mum's in Tokyo) they have signs in Starbucks saying "please don't study here"

Central London cafes are most likely to be crowded, but which side of london do you live in if you don't mind me asking? I always find the best study cafes like 5 mins bus ride away from the centre (generally in any direction, but if it's south ish I might be able to recommend better ones)
Reply 9
Original post by yukinko

Central London cafes are most likely to be crowded, but which side of london do you live in if you don't mind me asking? I always find the best study cafes like 5 mins bus ride away from the centre (generally in any direction, but if it's south ish I might be able to recommend better ones)

Hi yukinko,

I live in NW London, but I don't mind travelling...
I would like to hear your recommendations. Thx!
Are you at uni? If not, I am sure you can enquire to get a visitors card for a year at a nominal fee which may not have full access to all facilities but would give you a place to study. Also, a fair amount of uni libraries have long opening hours and at times can be open 24 hours a day. Worth I try, I reckon.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending