The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

Is QMUL scary to live in?

I got a medicine offer from QMUL, but I’m scared about walking home from placement, it’ll be late night, and I heard east London is so dangerous. I’m scared to accept the offer. I don’t want to get raped or hurt or stabbed.
Reply 1
Not medicine offer I meant offer*
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London
Hi! So i've lived around the corner from QMUL my whole life, and I've never had any incidents. Obviously, you need to be careful when it's late at night, but that's just basic safety, right? Avoid any dark, empty roads, stay on the main streets, veer clear of any suspicious looking people, take public transport if you can. Qmul often has crowds of people leaving late from lectures, so you won't be alone. It's pretty safe, i've never had any problems. And I used to take a 30 min journey on my own in East when I was in year 7 at 5pm in winter, so. Most people don't want any trouble, so as long as you aren't being a nuisance in public, you'll be fine! Whoever's been telling you these things is being a bit stupid, really. If you decide to go for it, good luck! I hope you'll find settling in easy <3
Reply 3
just don't walk around with expensive stuff on you, maybe keep a burner phone when you go out at night in case u ever get mugged
I went qm for med. Never had a problem, generally there are people around at all times so in a way I felt safer. The only place I’d say are a bit more unsafe is shadwell.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending