The Student Room Group

Changing from undergraduate to foundation course

I currently have University of greenwhich as my firm choice to study Bsc Public health in the academic year 2023-2024.
The conditions are that i obtain 112 ucas points as well as pass maths gcse. My worries are that i will not succeed in either,which will leave me with my insurance choice which is University Of East London offering me Bsc Public health but the conditions differ by asking for 96 ucas points and for me to pass an English qualification which doesn't apply to me as i have my English GCSES.
My main concern and query is if i can change my course to Bsc Public Health (Extended) in University of Greenwich.This course is the same as the one offered to me but a foundation year to start with ,as well as lower ucas point expectations.Uni of east London could be the easier option but after research for many months I have grown fond of the idea of going to University of Greenwhich and studying their modules in public health.
If you have the chance please take some time to offer me insight regarding my situations
(sorry if i don't make sense in some bits I'm rushing to write this before my stop)
many thanks in advance
Original post by frogyummy2444
I currently have University of greenwhich as my firm choice to study Bsc Public health in the academic year 2023-2024.
The conditions are that i obtain 112 ucas points as well as pass maths gcse. My worries are that i will not succeed in either,which will leave me with my insurance choice which is University Of East London offering me Bsc Public health but the conditions differ by asking for 96 ucas points and for me to pass an English qualification which doesn't apply to me as i have my English GCSES.
My main concern and query is if i can change my course to Bsc Public Health (Extended) in University of Greenwich.This course is the same as the one offered to me but a foundation year to start with ,as well as lower ucas point expectations.Uni of east London could be the easier option but after research for many months I have grown fond of the idea of going to University of Greenwhich and studying their modules in public health.
If you have the chance please take some time to offer me insight regarding my situations
(sorry if i don't make sense in some bits I'm rushing to write this before my stop)
many thanks in advance

It's natural to worry that you've not done as well as you'd hoped. However, attempting to switch your course now would not be wise for several reasons.

1. You might meet the conditions of you firm choice, and have added a year to your course unnecessarily.

2. You might miss the conditions of you firm choice, but Greenwich might decide to accept you anyway. (This happens more often that you might think).

3. You might miss the conditions of your firm choice, but Greenwich might make you an alternative offer of the "extended" course. (Yes, universities can do this on results day.)

It would be better, I feel, to leave things as they are and see if any of the above scenarios materialise.

If they don't, and your place is confirmed at East London, then call up Greenwich and ask if the foundation course is available via Clearing and whether they'd accept your grades. If they say yes, then click "Decline my place" in UCAS Hub to drop into Clearing and then apply for the extended course at Greenwich via Clearing.
PRSOM

Oluwatosin 2nd year student University of Huddersfield

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending