It is so true, and it gets worse at A2 :L

just did an f212 paper ekkkk
Original post by upthegunners
just did an f212 paper ekkkk

How did it go?
Original post by Sherlockedd
How did it go?
86%

I don't know if this is good or bad considering I have did it before and the exam is in a month

It's my first paper without a textbook
Reply 23
86%

I don't know if this is good or bad considering I have did it before and the exam is in a month

well under the new spec i think the highest it has been out of 100 for full 150 ums is 86, so really you more than likely got full ums there

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by _JC95
well under the new spec i think the highest it has been out of 100 for full 150 ums is 86, so really you more than likely got full ums there

Posted from TSR Mobile

wooww yay :biggrin:
86%

That's good! Keep up the hard work and you'll be fiiiiine :smile:
Original post by Sherlockedd
That's good! Keep up the hard work and you'll be fiiiiine :smile:

thanks so much for the encouragement!

From now on in under no circumstances will I be allowed to look at notes while doing a past paper:redface:

hows your revision coming along?
Reply 27
how is revision going for everyone? what are people finding the hardest/easiest?
thanks so much for the encouragement!

From now on in under no circumstances will I be allowed to look at notes while doing a past paper:redface:

hows your revision coming along?

It's ok, haven't done any pp's yet but tbh most of it just seems like common sense now that I'm looking back at it :L
Reply 29
the mark schemes are too specific - its not testing our understanding and knowledge of biology its testing our ability to learn previous mark schemes and be really specific. I managed on average 78/100 and we still havent done evolution/conservastion...
Reply 30
I am to grips with the biodiversity module now, just need to keep up to scratch with the evolution parts of it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kited4
the mark schemes are too specific - its not testing our understanding and knowledge of biology its testing our ability to learn previous mark schemes and be really specific. I managed on average 78/100 and we still havent done evolution/conservastion...

So true

This really irritates me

I know the spec inside out but yet I will probably not get an A due to not being an obedient little rote learner

I refuse to rote learn.. These people who sit down and rote learn definitions really fry me

Peace out.
So true

This really irritates me

I know the spec inside out but yet I will probably not get an A due to not being an obedient little rote learner

I refuse to rote learn.. These people who sit down and rote learn definitions really fry me

Peace out.

It's really stupid how it's marked, you can know everything but still get like 2/7 on a question. Makes me irate
When I try to do a paper, I can't do half of things. It is horrid. :frown:
Original post by purplemind
When I try to do a paper, I can't do half of things. It is horrid. :frown:
yea I know, If I can get a low A I'll be so happy..I am definitely not taking Biology to A2- no way.
yea I know, If I can get a low A I'll be so happy..I am definitely not taking Biology to A2- no way.
Well, I'd rather get at least a decent A. :biggrin: But same! I'm not going to do Biology next year. I just find it increasingly boring.
Sooo.. I just got 87100\frac{87}{100} in an F212 paper without a book.

June 2011.

73100\frac{73}{100} for an A in it according to the OCR website.

I don't know if I should be pleased or not :s-smilie: This was my first paper without using a textbook. However, I have done the paper before.. that slightly depresses me.

What do you guys think?

I swear 85-88 is equivalent to full UMS most of the time...so yeah..i'd be pretty darn happy if i were you
Original post by purplemind
Well, I'd rather get at least a decent A. :biggrin: But same! I'm not going to do Biology next year. I just find it increasingly boring.

It's a ****e subject

nuff said
Original post by Dr. Django
I swear 85-88 is equivalent to full UMS most of the time...so yeah..i'd be pretty darn happy if i were you

wow awesome :biggrin:

Hopefully I'll pull that off on the day then xD
wow awesome :biggrin:

Hopefully I'll pull that off on the day then xD

wish i was in your position already ahaha! i've focused too much on chemistry and neglected biology a little :s-smilie: good luck though, sounds like you'll boss it

Latest

Trending

Trending