The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Lenton & Wortley 2013/14

Scroll to see replies

Original post by BethanyHague

omg that's hilarious, check the chicken pulling the trolley across the front :')
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Original post by emilypsychology
omg that's hilarious, check the chicken pulling the trolley across the front :')

Is nottingham your first choice?
Original post by CunningLearner
Is nottingham your first choice?

It is my firm indeed :smile:
It is my firm indeed :smile:

Cool :smile:, exciting isn't it aha
Cool :smile:, exciting isn't it aha

Sure is, I can't wait to arrive and see what L&W is like :smile:
Sure is, I can't wait to arrive and see what L&W is like :smile:

I'm the same. Even though I would prefer to view some pictures of the hall beforehand, or hear some personal experiences of L & W just to settle my nervous curiosities. But you can't control everything right? :frown:
I'm the same. Even though I would prefer to view some pictures of the hall beforehand, or hear some personal experiences of L & W just to settle my nervous curiosities. But you can't control everything right? :frown:

Check previous threads of years before, I did and there's raving reviews about people having the best time of their life there and not wanting to leave. Also, on their Facebook page they uploaded some photos of a summer ball and it looks great. You can see L&W's surroundings in the background in some of them and it looks really pristine inside and out :smile: I don't have Facebook but still could access the photos by typing Lenton and Wortley halls into Google and the Facebook page came up. Also, the personalised halls clothing looks cool :smile:

I honestly think we got one of the better halls judging by all the images I have seen of inside and out. Also, in what it has to offer in terms of parties, balls and the mix cafe :smile:
Lenton and Wortley hall, for all you worriers who don't know what it looks like :smile:

Lenton and Wortley.jpg
Lenton and Wortley 2.jpg
(edited 10 years ago)
Lenton and Wortley hall, for all you worriers who don't know what it looks like :smile:

Lenton and Wortley.jpg
Lenton and Wortley 2.jpg

Wow, thanks for settling my nerves.
Wow, thanks for settling my nerves.

I hope it has since the first photo looks absolutely stunning :smile: I am definitely pleased I was reallocated here.
I hope it has since the first photo looks absolutely stunning :smile: I am definitely pleased I was reallocated here.

What happened with your first allocation, was the hall really that bad?
What happened with your first allocation, was the hall really that bad?

I was allocated to Sherwood at first but before I was allocated there I went to a offer holder open day and got a tour around Sherwood, I didn't really like it there. It's not appealing when there's chairs turned upside down in the common areas and I didn't like the grounds either. I couldn't see myself there basically :smile:
Reply 72
I got a shared bathroom and am going to study architecture which is really close to halls. Have any of you been told which room you got because on the Facebook page some people are saying that they have been told.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I was allocated to Sherwood at first but before I was allocated there I went to a offer holder open day and got a tour around Sherwood, I didn't really like it there. It's not appealing when there's chairs turned upside down in the common areas and I didn't like the grounds either. I couldn't see myself there basically :smile:

Just looked at some pictures of the hall, I can greatly empathise with your decision! Seeing them also made me feel grateful that I have been allocated at L & W. Can't wait for September to come now, spring/summer time on the university campus is going to be blissful.
Original post by Wesjcstone
I got a shared bathroom and am going to study architecture which is really close to halls. Have any of you been told which room you got because on the Facebook page some people are saying that they have been told.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Could you link me to the facebook page? I want to investigate ...

Posted from TSR Mobile

No I haven't been told, do these people perhaps have ensuites? :smile: I've heard those with ensuites get their own block. Stressing that Facebook has a lot of groups that I am missing out on, still I will get one after exams are over...

Just looked at some pictures of the hall, I can greatly empathise with your decision! Seeing them also made me feel grateful that I have been allocated at L & W. Can't wait for September to come now, spring/summer time on the university campus is going to be blissful.

Ditto! Sherwood just looked very peculiar with it's wood paneling and lack of lawn space. I think we are definitely in one of the better halls amongst Cripps, Lincoln and Derby for nicer looking. I thought Hugh Stewart was nice by their manor house, until I saw the building of their accommodation and it just looks crowded and grubby - nothing like the manor house at all. The persistent photos of the manor house gives the people going there false hope.
No I haven't been told, do these people perhaps have ensuites? :smile: I've heard those with ensuites get their own block. Stressing that Facebook has a lot of groups that I am missing out on, still I will get one after exams are over...

Ditto! Sherwood just looked very peculiar with it's wood paneling and lack of lawn space. I think we are definitely in one of the better halls amongst Cripps, Lincoln and Derby for nicer looking. I thought Hugh Stewart was nice by their manor house, until I saw the building of their accommodation and it just looks crowded and grubby - nothing like the manor house at all. The persistent photos of the manor house gives the people going there false hope.

I think I was initially disappointed because I really wanted to be in a hall where a gym would be available. But I swear L&W just seems so clean!, I cant think of another word to describe it, it just feels different from all the over halls and I haven't even visited it yet. I agree with you on Hugh Stewart, I saw some videos of the hall and it looked pretty deceiving.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 77
Are you guys all on the facebook page "nottingham firmers 2013". Its fairly decent for finding people doing the same course. Its all a little superficial though to be honest. I wish that nottingham gave you info directly instead of mmaking us all vainly attempt to find people ourselves. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

For purposes of adding you on to the list on the first post on this thread, what do you mean by shared bathroom? A shared en suite, a private shared bathroom or single study with shared bathroom? :smile:
I'm assuming the majority of people going to Nottingham this year are reliant on student finance. I just had a look over my accommodation agreement and it states that I have to pay a certain amount by the 2nd of September to guarantee my place in halls and I won't be able to afford this without the help of student finance which I won't receive until the week commencing the 22nd of September.

Has anyone contacted nottingham over this? What were their replies?
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending