The Student Room Group
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes

deferring an exam

Hi

i am studying 2 modules, a level 1 and level 2, i have fallen behind quite a bit on the level 2 right near the end and from my own assessment i know I will not be able to perform well in the exam and will definitely fail it. I have valid reasons for falling behind due to being ill, i was wondering what the OU policy is on this, can you defer an exam?

if they decide i can defer the exam, does it have any consequences? would this show up on the degree?

thanks
Reply 1
I looked into this as I stupidly bought festival tickets before I knew when my exam was. :eek: Luckily they don't clash so I got away with it.

They will only let you defer the exam if you have a really good reason. Illness, death in the family that sort of thing. If you are ill you need a doctors note to prove it.
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes
Original post by Larn
Hi

i am studying 2 modules, a level 1 and level 2, i have fallen behind quite a bit on the level 2 right near the end and from my own assessment i know I will not be able to perform well in the exam and will definitely fail it. I have valid reasons for falling behind due to being ill, i was wondering what the OU policy is on this, can you defer an exam?

if they decide i can defer the exam, does it have any consequences? would this show up on the degree?

thanks

I am taking an exam on Thursday that I deferred due to illness; there's quite a few other people who had to do the same. However, you will have to have a Doctor's note to prove you are in fact ill.

I don't think it would show up on the degree, I see no reason why it should, and there are no other consequences I can think of.
It can be done from the online form (when its there!), changes to website have lost it! I submitted mine two weeks ago, got an acknowledgement, haven't revised and now the OU say they do not have my deferment application and I need to submit another, but the form has moved!
Good luck on getting it deferred, make it happen, and then you can just focus on nailing the level 1
Given that it was more than a year ago I think it's probably resolved itself one way or another by now...

Quick Reply

Latest