The Student Room Group

Boston bombing, do you think it was a set up?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 61
As much as I'm wanting them to be proven guilty, I find this video to be quite insightful.
It could be a conspiracy but I reckon it's surely easier for a conspiracy hoaxer to knock up a few fake internet posts than it is for a government to create a major crime with the entire world watching intently and get away with it.
Reply 63
Why don't people realise how hard it is to persuade a person to commit an act of terror (and die in the process) in the name of some obscure government interests? Please don't start arguing that radical islamist cells within the US that are responsible for the indoctrination of future terrorists are somehow controlled by the government with its vicious agencies for the purposes of promoting undemocratic policies on the back of victims of terror.
Original post by arnoob
Someone just sent me this

Stuff like this always makes me question things :confused:

why does that make you question anything?
Reply 65
Why everyy time someone goes loco do the whack jobs come out the wood work screaming that it was the government?
As someone who believes they are most likely guilty because they were pictured with bags, then pictured without the bags shortly after the bomb, I have to say the before and after pictures of suspect 1 are shocking. In the first picture he is walking handcuffed with no support and no visible injuries and in the second he is mangled beyond belief and had died from his injuries.
I dont' see any resemblance between the bags the 'mercenaries' are holding and the remains of the one that exploded.

Most of the pictures are just comparisons of the two 'mercenaries'.

The 'mercenaries' may have been there as private security. That's not surprising.

The 'no bood' pictures are ludicrous. They use long-distance and black and white photos to show an apparent absence of blood.

This whole thing reeks of desperate.

Also, as a side note, I saw a similar thing on the Alex Jones website. One of the pictures appear to have a red circle around a young girls behind with "Da bomb" written by it.
Original post by Jordan-James
http://imgur.com/a/Nx8EU

Read and look at the whole thing, I wanna hear your views, I like it when things like this come out.

In no way am i saying that I believe in the conspiracy, the people who lost their lives deserve justice to be made.

Conspiracies can be invented to fit any event.

Suggesting that this is one is disrespectful to those who lost their lives and were injured in this tragic event.
Original post by bestofyou
why does that make you question anything?

1:27 He says "These were the two actors... the two individuals that were carrying out this mission"

Not sure if it should mean something. If it was a poor choice of words/slip but who knows.

I'm not insinuating anything, just mentioning what the poster of that video was talking about.
Reply 70
i just want to make a point but how come whenever someone muslim does what americans would call terroism it is down to radical islamism. I dont see when other people from different belief who commit serial murders like for example the man who killed many people in the cinema at a batman premier and the american soldiers who killed women and children in afghanistan claiming they were taliban are not called terroist.
I don't understand... If this in fact were a set-up and a conspiracy, what would be the point? What do the government stand to gain?
Reply 72
Original post by snowyowl
I don't understand... If this in fact were a set-up and a conspiracy, what would be the point? What do the government stand to gain?

For one thing they stand to gain a foothold on the war on terror. And another thing: a pretext for implimenting martial law. There is no reason why a government would not harm some of its citizens if it was in the interests of government policy to protect the country. Maybe it was a training exercise, or combination of the two.

The image op linked made the point of cispa being passed on 18/04. Not sure how relevant this is though.

According to the theories, the Government want to infringe civil liberties like the PATRIOT act after 9/11. It also diverts public attention to what has been in the news recently, e.g. drone attacks killing many innocents in the middle east.

I don't know, sounds ridiculous to go to such an extent as this, but the public sure are fixated on this.
Highly unlikely, though by no means impossible.
Reply 76
Why are there arrows all over your picture? None of them make sense. There is one between one picture's nose and another picture's nose. My lord, they both had noses!
Original post by Bobifier
Why are there arrows all over your picture? None of them make sense. There is one between one picture's nose and another picture's nose. My lord, they both had noses!

I didnt make this picture, i just saw it as a prospect to dicsuss.

Although im not fully in belief of a conspiracy, what i found fishy was the death of the first brother, where there are pictures of him in custody in pretty good condition from the naked eye, who ends up dead in a morgue with massive wounds etc.

And i dont know anything but when there were 2 suspects having the firefight in the neghbourhood, was that the two brothers? Surely one of them couldnt of just 'escaped' that scene, some things dont seem to add up which is why its interesting.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 78
Original post by rockchick1
i just want to make a point but how come whenever someone muslim does what americans would call terroism it is down to radical islamism. I dont see when other people from different belief who commit serial murders like for example the man who killed many people in the cinema at a batman premier and the american soldiers who killed women and children in afghanistan claiming they were taliban are not called terroist.

For something to be terrorism.it has to be motivated by some sort of political or religious goal.
Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by cl_steele
Why everyy time someone goes loco do the whack jobs come out the wood work screaming that it was the government?

Loonies gonna loon.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending