The Student Room Group
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

Sheffield University 2013 freshers

Scroll to see replies

Quick message to the wonderful Biochemistry applicants!

My name is Arron Dougan and I am the newly elected president of MBBsoc, a student led society that represents Biochemistry, Genetics, Microbiology and Molecular Biology courses within the University of Sheffield.
Our new Facebook "like" page can be found here: https://www.facebook.com/pages/MBB-Soc/511032048958148?ref=ts&fref=ts

As you may or may not know Sheffield’s Students Union is the best student union in the country! As a student society we aim to make sure everybody within MBB is having the best time possible, through Both INCREDIBLE themed nights out and other events such as quizzes and paintballing! We are currently looking into a trip abroad for next year.

We are also passionate about academic and personal development. We hope to work with organizations’ such as TeachFirst and Science Brainwaves to provide students with volunteering and outreach opportunities. Fundraising for charity is also something we enjoy doing- I hope to see you all getting involved! For all those who enjoy sport we have a Hockey, Netball and Football team! We are also looking to set up an MBBsoc running club (Healthy body = Healthy Mind :wink:)

Finally, we work to support your studies, through organizing revision sessions in the exam season and inviting guest speakers to present. This helps to enrich your knowledge outside the core curriculum.

If any of you have any queries, no matter how big or small, about anything to do with University, the course, nights out or sports, please feel free to contact me on here, or email me at [email protected].

Best Of Luck In Your Exams!
and I will hopefully see you all in Freshers Week :smile:
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield
Reply 41
Original post by bbrito
Hi! I've also applied to study biochemistry and live at Endcliffe :smile:

Yay, a fellow biochem applicant! :biggrin:
So are you looking forward to starting university?
Reply 42
Original post by Jodie_668
Yay, a fellow biochem applicant! :biggrin:
So are you looking forward to starting university?

Sure. I'm also terrified but i hope that's normal :smile: how about you?
Reply 43
Original post by bbrito
Sure. I'm also terrified but i hope that's normal :smile: how about you?

Yeah I'm terrified as well, haha! Hopefully we'll both settle in well though :smile: I'm pretty excited to start though too!
Reply 44
I have applied for East Asian Studies and my boyfriend for Ecology!

We are applying for a Laddow Studio but I heard they go pretty fast!!

[Luckily we get my exam results in early July so we should be ok]
Reply 45
I've accepted an offer of ABB for materials science & engineering. I'm planning on staying in non-university accommodation, is anyone else?
Reply 46
Where are all the prospective students?!
All the other uni threads have hundreds of pages!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey, I have firmed Economics and applied for Endcliffe halls! So excited but just hoping I get my predicted grades. Feel free to message me :smile:
Original post by Adam Rowe
I've firmed Economics too! I chose to do the BSc degree, what about you? :smile: Applied for Endcliffe as well :P So worried I might not get the grades though, the Unit 4 exam went pretty okay today I think. Did you do the same one?

I've applied to do BA, but I'm really worried about getting the grades too! I thought unit 4 was good too, but I messed up a little bit on the first 25 marker
French and/or politics anyone? I can't actually remember which halls I've applied to... I'm terrified!
I messed up on that one as well, hopefully my marks in the other units will save me haha! :P what other subjects are you doing? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah hopefully they should all pull it up! I do biology and English literature, a bit of a mix. What about you?
That's cool :smile: gives a bit of a variety! :P I do Maths, Physics and Further Maths AS... Nerdy subjects, don't judge me haha :')

Haha I'm not judging! Good luck if you've got anymore exams :smile:
Reply 52
Hi guys, I've firmed the University of Sheffield to do Economics and Business Management, living in Endcliffe village too:smile: hope everyone's as excited to go as me! x
Reply 53
Seriously? :O I've seen a couple of your posts on the Econ 4 thread, don't you have amazingly good marks in your other economics units? :P I would expect you to be going to LSE or somewhere with those grades? :smile:
Definitely excited to start, September can't come soon enough :biggrin:

Aw hah, that's so nice of you to say! Hopefully I've not been going on about it too much if you know about my grades though, don't want to come across badly! Worse case scenario is I get AAB, which is my offer from Sheff! I assume that's what everyone else has had too? Well I don't want to go to London, or too far away really, but Sheffield is about an hour and a bit journey from where I live now, and I really liked it when I went to visit! :smile: And I feel people at those sorts universities won't be my sort of fun people either! Remember to enjoy the summer too, and then it's going to be amazing!:biggrin:
Reply 54
Noooo don't worry, it didn't come across badly at all, definitely made you seem that much more impressive :P haha, that's what I was offered too, still worried I might not get that though! I don't blame you for not wanting to go too far, especially London with the extra costs :smile: Where abouts are you from then? I'm about 45 minutes from Sheffield, so seemed like a pretty perfect place to go. It's definitely a great city! Some of my friends live there and they seem pretty fun to me haha ;D I just can't wait til these exams are over with... Do you have many left? (P.s.. I realise I put a lot of smiles and stuff, I apologise :3 haha)

Ah, thanks! The best of luck for your results! :smile: I'm from Leicester, so it's just far enough away but I can still come home! A lot of people I know go there aswell or know friends, and they says it's amazing! :grin: I've got 1 more left, Psychology on Monday and then that's it! What about you? P.S. Don't worry, I love a smilie too :biggrin:
Reply 55
Thanks! :smile: You too! Though from the looks of it you'll do fine without it haha, but good luck anyway :tongue: That's cool, I actually applied to Leicester Uni as my Insurance! Aaahh, well that's not too bad then, I have 4 left, a couple of Maths and a couple of Physics exams :/ I might actually cry haha (kidding) and it's always nice to meet a smiley person :wink::biggrin: aha!

Everyone says Leicester is a good uni, just too close to home for me! Plus Sheffield is a better city anyway :biggrin: WOW good luck, 4 left is a lot at this stage, I thought mine on Monday was one of the very last ones! I don't envy you, but all the best :smile:
Reply 56
Original post by magiczebras
French and/or politics anyone? I can't actually remember which halls I've applied to... I'm terrified!

French here. Pretty excited, but terrified too.
Reply 57
Firmed Business Management and applied to Endcliffe as well, hopefully I'll get the grades to get in :smile:
Reply 58
European & International Law. Endcliffe. Can't wait for September!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 59
Any fellow Historians?
Well, I am hoping that I get to study History at Sheffield... not too sure after these A2 exams!
Applied for Endcliffe also.. like everyone

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending